Post Temporal lobe Surgery, Auras returning and collapses

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I always had petit-mal, never grand-mal. Has the TL-hippocampectomy on 08/09/2009.
Was removed off carbazamephine, Auras began, but not to seizure level.
However in the last year, the following happened:

# 8th May 18- 1st Collapse in Lidl
# 23rd July 18- 2nd Collapse At home
# 22nd Oct - Loop Recorder in
# 13th April 19 - 3rd Collapse at home
# 23rd April 19 - Pacemaker in
# 29th Aug 19 - 4th collapse, in Gym(on cross trainer for 25min, aura happens, then collapse)

So since the PM is in, the 29th Aug 19 collapse cannot be cardiology related, but has to be neurologically.
I just had another Aura, pretty major that it was noticeable, but no seizure.

Anyone experience the same?

Have you talked about this with your neuro? Does he or she have sense of what's happening, and what to do next?

Yes, roughly 3 weeks ago now since the 29th Aug 19 - 4th collapse.
He said he would send out an EEG appointment but i'm still waiting

Hi rude awakening,

Start taking note of what the weather is like because often a low pressure can trigger a seizure for some people.
The air gets heavy and in turn that effects a persons hormones which can lead to seizures for some people. I started
having more seizures after cell phones came out and my neuro did a e.e.g. on me and I didn't know it but they were
purposely using their cell phones and when they did it triggered seizures for me. This is all do to being sensitive to
the frequency cell phones use. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

If I'm reading correctly, you started having auras right after the surgery, but the collapses started roughly 9 years after your surgery. Were you on any treatment regiment for the auras post surgery?

If I'm reading correctly, you started having auras right after the surgery, but the collapses started roughly 9 years after your surgery. Were you on any treatment regiment for the auras post surgery?
Correct Bernard.
No, no regiment what so ever.

As I understand it, auraus are simple partial seizures. I'm surprised your doctors never addressed them. :(

Back
Top Bottom