Pregnancy makes me cramp more frequence.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

nightweep

New
Reaction score
I was diagnosed with Epilepsy for more than 15 years, and I take Tegretol(Carbamazepine) and Sodium valproate from 1997 till now. The disease has been controlled partially. I still have seizures once one or two months. When I have seizures, my left leg cramps for several seconds, but I never lose my consciousness. Three months ago, I was pregnant. In the first two months, it is normal as past. But in the recent 3 weeks, my seizures become more and more frequent.. Now every day and night, I have seizures every hour, I just can’t sleep. And I can feel obviously the condition is becoming worse and worse. My doses of bill are already very high, my doctors don’t suggest me to add doses because it will harm my unborn baby. I am scared because no one can help me, How can I do?

Are you getting enough potassium and magnesium? Are you taking any supplements?

Cramps are usually caused by a lack of electrolytes (potassium). Perhaps it would help if you took some supplements (or drank Gatorade / ate potassium rich foods)?

Back
Top Bottom