Randi and Message.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hunter

New
Reaction score
Though her family may not remember or care. Her children and I will. I hope those of you with the same condition will have a passing thought of love or two. Which Is why I posed this, and also to warn those who pass by as we did.

Those of you who have someone in your life with epilepsy, should care more then I did. Treasure what you have, because it doesn't take long.

My wife Randi, a wonderful mother of two gorgeous devils, passed away in September. A seizure in the tub.

We had a leak in the shower pipe. The landlord was procrastinating.So we took baths. She at the time was bathing. The tub wasn't halfway filled. Precautions you know. And I was sitting on the floor talking with her, because, you know... Precautions... You never know when one might happen, so you don't leave them alone. I knew this. The doorbell rang, and I answered. It was one of her church friends. We spoke for maybe 5 mintues. I went back upstairs. Her face was underwater.I pulled her out and tried CPR. Water came out, but she still wasn't breathing. called 911, kept trying, paramedics came. They got her breathing. but it took them a long time. I knew she was gone before we made it to the hospital. Everything was tried within the next couple of weeks. But she would never breathe on her own again.

I was happy we were able to get some of her organs donated to save some other lives.

My point and warning follows:

1: It doesn't take long. Your special whatever is more important. Be there.

2: My wife hated one of her medicines. She knew it made her bat shit crazy (keppra) and she hated the way it made her feel. I knew she skipped her dose of keppra sometimes. You know, if she hated it that much then there must be something to it... I don't know. Anyway, it's medication for a reason. Help your loved one by not supporting enabling.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Hunter. Thank you for sharing your story. I know it couldn't have been an easy thing to do. Thank you also for reminding me of how delicate life really is and time with our most treasured loved ones is so precious. :hugs:

Condolences to you and the kids, Hunter.

There was a period of time when my wife's seizures were prominent and unpredictable and I lived with the fear of a scenario similar to what you experienced. We all do the best we can.

So sorry to hear of your loss. I will take your words to heart.

:hugs:

My condolences to you and your children, Hunter. I am so sorry this happened. The bathroom is a very dangerous place for those with refractory E.

Before I was actually diagnosed with E years ago, I experienced my very first TC seizure on my way out of the shower. I'd been experiencing CP seizures prior to this and the stupid dr. I had been to said I was hypoglycemic, so didn't do any EEg, etc. As I fell backwards, I hit the hot water spicket and part of me was lying under hot water long enough to suffer 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my back and arm. Had I not been at my parent's home that weekend, I doubt I would be alive today.

I now take Keppra plus Topamax and I hate taking those meds--- some of the side effects are terrible, but I also don't want to go thru another experience like that.

Thank-you for reminding us. My heart goes out to you.

I so sorry for you loss but things you said could well save another life

So deeply sorry for your and your childrens' loss, Hunter. Thank you for sharing your wife's story here and reminding us about what is truly important.

Sadly I knew someone this happened to again only took moments.sadly this won't be the last but by posting your story people read it all over the world I in uk.It makes people think that e is not to be taken lightly same time can't be wrapped in cotton wool either.
It no conselation but it could happen at any time she could been in loo you gone shopping many reasons you could not be with her 24/7
It often hArder for the carer enabler defining the line.between total nurse and or spouse ..I know I seem be patronising but I truly not.i know not much comfort but your wife also saved many lives that day
I know when I in shower or bath It on my mind and I like be on my own maybe it not wise.It sound like you and her had/have a faith I hope it helping

The way sciencetolgist treat e is not to be endorsed I seen it any kid being treated with them needs have child removed allegedly of cause it all aleged
I seen pics and talked to x Scientology leaders and it not Nice what kids go threw wonder cops no shut them down when I say cruel not to be advised only aledged

Back
Top Bottom