Reality is starting to sink in...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

right now I'm trying to fight off a cold I feel coming on as best I can!

LOTS of fresh garlic. well, don't make yourself sick or anything, but as much as you can handle as soon as you possibly can. with lots of simple carbs to digest it and help stave off tummyache from it, then lots of green tea and fresh fruit. garlic is my family's go-to for colds and if you eat it soon enough (swallow chunks with water or chew if you really have balls :)), it will kill the virus every time.

...damn right I will be, and I have a shirt that says just that! :bigsmile: Thanks so much everyone. My husband got into town on Tuesday, my brother is coming tomorrow, and my mom on Saturday. It's all pretty surreal most of the time... right now I'm trying to fight off a cold I feel coming on as best I can!
Wow this 2 weeks has flown by I am still thinking of you and will be sending you good thoughts on Monday as you Kick E's Ass!

LOTS of fresh garlic. well, don't make yourself sick or anything, but as much as you can handle as soon as you possibly can. with lots of simple carbs to digest it and help stave off tummyache from it, then lots of green tea and fresh fruit. garlic is my family's go-to for colds and if you eat it soon enough (swallow chunks with water or chew if you really have balls :)), it will kill the virus every time.

Are your family vampire hunters by any chance Q???

yes neil, you nailed it. watch out. actually if you had done this you likely would have avoided being sick for a week yourself ;)

I send wishes of luck your way...
Please keep us informed, my fiance is due for surgery..

Just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you and will be sending you warm thoughts Monday morning!! Go kick some E ass for all of us!!

Hey 2ndchances,

How are you feeling? Thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck. It sounds like you're in good hands though =)

Goodluck and godspeed, you will beat this thing. You have so many people rooting for you.

Thank you all so much for the thought and prayers everyone! I'm not sure how I've been so blessed in life to have so much love and support, but I certainly feel it! My brother, who I haven't seen in 6 year is here with me, my mom, who I haven't seen in 5 as well.

Today I've gone from giddy, to crying, to completely nauseous several times. One more load of laundry, last minute things to put aside, and that's it. 4:30a alarm is set, 6:00a arrival at the hospital, 8a is surgery. Thank you all for being there!!

xoxo

you are an inspiration mel, i think more than you'll ever know.

you are an inspiration mel, i think more than you'll ever know.

That means a lot! Thank you!!:hugs: Soooo, I was in the shower tonight, and suddenly something hits me on the back of the the head... the shower head fell out of the holder thingy!! Kinda seems wrong the night before surgery, no? :roflmao:

lol. i would definately raise my eyebrows. and ask hubby to pls put in a new shower head before you get home. don't need shit like that happening when you're head is sensitive :)

You are such an inspiration to all. My best to you with thoughts and prayers.
Mary

lol.
nah.... the shower head falling was just a subtle reminder that you are going to knock E right out of your head!!
K.

Good one mamasita! I'm watching this thread and any new for updates on 2ndchances. Been thinkIng of you mate!!

Back
Top Bottom