Record Albums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

How many of you have record albums from the 1960's - 1980's? If you do check out the price of them online. I just found out that my record
album, Xanadu is worth over $3 grand and if it has Olivia Newton John's face on the album it's worth over $10 grand. Also if any of you have
any Beatles albums many of their albums are worth a lot of money. If you want to know just type "value of _____ (name or record album). and it
will show you what it's worth. Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

I have a couple reggae records that are worth over ā‚¬800. I have them around for the off chance that we can repress them in the future. It'll bring the price down, which is good in the end. It means there's more people listening to great music. :)

Records is not something I have or collect, but I think it's super cool when people do! Didn't realize some were worth so much money. That's intense! šŸ˜®

There's some music from parts of the world where CD's were too expensive to make that was only made on hand-me-down vinyl cutting machines. Like the ghettos in Jamaica in the 80's. They weren't great records, or great recordings. But the vibes are there. And nowhere else, sadly. Lee Perry did his stuff like that. I'll be doing some stuff with him soon.

There's some music from parts of the world where CD's were too expensive to make that was only made on hand-me-down vinyl cutting machines. Like the ghettos in Jamaica in the 80's. They weren't great records, or great recordings. But the vibes are there. And nowhere else, sadly. Lee Perry did his stuff like that. I'll be doing some stuff with him soon.

Didn't know this! Pretty neat!

Although, I have heard of some instances of records being used to relay certain data to places where that was what they had because they didn't have CD or DVD. Maybe somewhere in my brain I've heard that.

I've got 72 albums sitting here at home that I started buying in the 1970's one set of albums is a set of 4 and it is
titled Motowns Greatest Hits with the Jackson 5 when they were young kids, Tempations, Diana Ross and the Supremes
and many more. I also have a bundle of top hit records that I bought when they had the K-tel records but they cut a lot
of the songs out of the records.

Wishing you all only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Didn't know this! Pretty neat!

Although, I have heard of some instances of records being used to relay certain data to places where that was what they had because they didn't have CD or DVD. Maybe somewhere in my brain I've heard that.
Certain tape cartridge formats are still used in broadcast service as a backup archive.

Hi Folks,

If you want to you can get your tapes put into CD's that way they won't where out after you play them.
All you have to do is find a local studio who will do it and if you have the equipment you can do it yourself.
Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

I am often upset at my mother for getting rid of all of the old records we had. My father had albums mostly from the 1970's, and also records of my Kenny Rogers albums. (I now own those on CD).

Most of my albums are new since I'm not as old as some of you. I have some albums that I bought on eBay and a few given to me. I also have LaserDiscs.

Vinyl isn't going anywhere, but it may lose its popularity as I think it's just a fad people are having. That said, I will always collect vinyl. I have my reasons for it.

Hi Res,

Just like you I have a Laser Discs, along with cassette tapes along with my good old record albums from the 1970's and 1980's. I've noticed
in a lot of stores in my area the record albums are coming back into the stores but that could be because I live near a town that has 2 colleges.
Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You,

Sue

Back
Top Bottom