Restrictions??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have seen a lot from people talking about restrictions due to epilepsy. I LOVE my daughter's neurologist, and he is a very thorough Dr. But he is also a very busy one(he will spend as much time as needed, but he sees a lot of people and needs his PA to fill him in at the beginning of appts). He also VERY rarely sees children.

I didn't think much of things until my husband and I were talking about how serious my daughter's complex partials could have been. She was experiencing a sensation where she was trying to move, and felt like she was moving, but couldn't. It hit me how serious that could have been if she were swimming/driving(she is 6, so that obviously isn't an issue now, lol), but you get what I am saying.

I or my hubby are planning on calling tomorrow to ask about restrictions. Like I said, it just hit me how things could change. Her epilepsy is currently very well controlled. She mostly had SPS that were visual, but it had started progressing to complex partials before being put on medicine, but it is all controlled. For now.

So what are some restrictions that you/your loved one have?

It's a good question. If her seizures are controlled, then the restrictions would probably be the same common-sense ones for any kid her age. But if her seizures aren't controlled, then swimming alone is possibly risky, and other solo activities may need to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Let us know what her doctors say.

Back
Top Bottom