Rip Michelle

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Brett

New
Reaction score
Not the best way to make an introduction. My wife passed away recently on the 8th of December. Michelle suffered for 15 years with grand Mal tonic clonic seizures.
The seizures were poorly controlled using lamictal combined with tegratol retard.
Michelle passed away while I was at work. The diagnosis was Sudep.
We had been together for over 22 years and have three children aged 21,3 and 2 together.
Michelle passed away just before her 40th birthday this January. The service is this coming Monday she is really missed I have not only lost my wife but also my best friend.

Rest in peace gone but not forgotten. Until we meet again x

Brett, cory, Tiegan and jax xxxx

Welcome Brett,

My condolences to you and your family. My heart really does ache for all of you after such a tragedy. May Michelle rest in peace.

Oh Brett, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Brett,
I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolence to you & your family.

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. :(

***hugs***

Brett and family. My sincere condolences to you are your children. My thoughts are with you all.

Mary

Thanks to everyone for there nice comments. Michelle would never let her epilepsy get in the way of living her life to the full.

There are many people who do not understand the condition or even want to know especially at work.

She had a good career in the Goverment who forced her into retirement at the age of 37 we have shared so much together and learnt a lot on the way.

I will contribute to the site more I have a lot of knowledge and personal experience to share.

The main one for now is never take anything for granted and do all you can to be safe.

Brett,

I am deeply saddened and sorry for the loss of your beloved wife and best friend Michelle.

I cannot imagine the heartbreak for you and your family.

I do want to thank you for sharing this with us, a terrible reminder of the true dangers of Epilepsy, SUDEP. One we all shudder at the thought of but a reality that should be faced and talked about.

May Michelle rest in peace; you and your children will be in my prayers.

I am so sorry Brett. My heart breaks for you and your children. A worst nightmare come true for everyone who has a loved one with epilepsy. Take care.

Brett, so sad to hear of your loss. May your dear wife rest in peace.

Brett, I'm so sorry. There really are not enough words to express my condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

i so sorry david..it casees like your young wife that we all must do something about this insidious condition

My heart breaks for you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.

jackie

Welcome Brett, we are very fortunate to have you here.

I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through. Chaz is so right, the nightmare of sudep needs to be faced. I can't do much but shed tears for you and say that all our arms here at CWE are wrapped tightly around you. Please continue to share.
Condolences to you and your children, and RIP Michelle.

Brett my thoughts go out to you and your family at this time. I will think of you.

Back
Top Bottom