Rip Michelle

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I am so sorry for you loss. I can't imagine what you and your children must be going through.
Rest in peace Michelle indeed.

Im so sorry for your loss!!! I also have seizures, ive had them for 15 yrs. Every dr says something different, the last neuro i had put me on lamictal and it made me halicinate bad. Needless to say i quit going to her, she had tried me on a couple different things and would say " this is for your seizures your pain your muscle spasms, it'll work on everything" like she had found a miracle drug...im still looking for a good neuro, i havent had a seizure that i know of (unless in my sleep, sometimes i wake up feeling as if ihad one)..they scare me to pieces when i do feel one coming on, they can last 2 minutes to 20 minutes...im so afraid if i have one now it will be my last one. I have a 5 yr old son and i am a single mother and all the drs i have seen wont even sit in the room long enough for me to explain all that goes on with my seizures...im still looking for a good neurologist, my disability is supposed to be seen by the board soon, i was told within the next 2-3 months, however they are cutting out my income which is $228 a month for five yrs after they made me quit workin after ten yrs when my son was 6 mnths old and also taking my insurance....im so sorry about your wife...i feel your pain. Im so afraid the next one will be the last one and then whats going to happen to my son, im so scared of the seizures. Im sorry to ask but did she ever go any long amount of time in between her seizures like 6 mnths to a year, and all of a sudden have one. I hate to ask but im very scared and would really appreciate it if you would tell me. May she rest in peace in the arms of the angel that watched over her for so long <3 !!!

Brett,

I am with you knowing the immense amount of pain and confusion that you and the children must be dealing with in this sudden passing of Michelle.

Peace

Neil

Thanks to everyone for there nice comments. Michelle would never let her epilepsy get in the way of living her life to the full.

There are many people who do not understand the condition or even want to know especially at work.

She had a good career in the Goverment who forced her into retirement at the age of 37 we have shared so much together and learnt a lot on the way.

I will contribute to the site more I have a lot of knowledge and personal experience to share.

The main one for now is never take anything for granted and do all you can to be safe.

Brett, I missed a lot of important details in your message, when I first replied.

I too, worked in the (U.S.)Government. I quit because I could not handle the stress, of a manipulative supervisor. Things had been fine the first four years, until the shakeup in the U.S. Government, back in November, of 1994.

While I am glad I never had a seizure at work, I wondered out of the thousands of people working in the building, who would actually care enough to do anything to help.

Brett, my heart goes out to you and your children. I can't help but think about the little ones -- how are they doing?

Hi Brett, I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your wife. My condolences to you and your family. Unfortunately, I know all too well, what it's like to lose a loved one to SUDEP/Epilepsy, your world is turned upside down and inside out. I lost my loving husband Spencer of 19 years on Nov. 22,2011.:( He also had Tonic/Clonic (known as Granmal) seizures and he had them during his sleep. He had Epilepsy since age 8. Spence, also did not let Epilepsy control his life and led a full and happy life(husband/father, musician) til the end. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, it is so important to get the Epilepsy Awareness and SUDEP Awareness out there.

Back
Top Bottom