sad !

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

^^^^This^^^^ fool better NOT serve me that mud he passes off as coffee or his beer that you'd swear was deer urine. He better be serving my Dom Perignon Rose 1998! Now shag your tush back to the grill, I want my steak RARE. Don't forget the corn-on-the-cob or baked spud! (feel free to move THIS conversation to our regular haunt.)

Endless,
Mmmmm Margaritas! Lime please!
I'll do one better, I'll bring the worm! I had 2 beautiful Blue Agave (the cactus that Tequila is made from) growing in my front yard until a few weeks ago. That damn insect killed them and now all we have left are dried up fronds and plenty of worms.

Bee91
EVERYBODY blames ebaums. LOL Sounds good to me!

Meetz
As ever so eloquent! Thanks. Now let's go to Endless' house for Margaritas!

Dragongiraffe
My apologies for any misunderstandings. I forget the language difficulties because you speak English so well. I will try to choose my words more carefully.

oh nooooo, birdbomb, please don't apologise. Misunderstandings happen irespective of language barriers. So, no worries. If I have a problem, I will be saying so, as I think there is NOTHING that can't be sorted out "with a nice cup of coffee and talking" ! I hope only that I did not offend anyone, as that certainly was not my intention. Hope we can now move on and leave this where it belongs...in the past (however short...does that make sense ???)
Anja x

Last edited:
Sure thing, Anja now about that cup of coffee, let's make it a Bailey's Irish coffee and you got a deal! Glad you found that site. It's made for a very interesting conversation and explanations of how and why sites must have restriction. There is such a thing as too much, even with registrations!

Now come on over to the BBQ and pick on the guys with us.

Last edited:
I am a member of a few dog training forums that require you use your real first and last name. But that's pretty much all they're strict on (other than basic things, like manners).

I actually think that's a good idea because of the nature of dog training. These forums are geared towards working dogs, not pets. It takes a certain kind of dog to do the kind of work things like Schutzhund and police work demand. There are a lot of crooks out there selling dogs that can't do these jobs, or dogs that are supposedly trained that aren't. And I've seen these dogs go up to the hundreds of thousands of dollars (though a true military/police k9 doesn't cost anywhere near that price).

So because of what dog training entails, especially in the business aspect, I think it's very important to at least get everyone's real names down. It also helps to find out whose training methods you agree with and whose you want to stay very far away from.

Being able to be a member here for a month prior to my diagnosis, actually enabled my diagnosis. Weird sentence, I know... It's the full moon, and I'm in danger of having a seizure. What do we call that? Pre-ictal? I'm supposed to be working, but my brain is barely plugged in today.

What I'm trying to say, is that I was here a month before I was diagnosed with E, and in that time gained valuable knowledge from you guys about how to explain to my neurologist what had been happening to me for the previous six months. Without the correct terminology and the sites you led me to, it would have taken longer for that diagnosis.

What good is a site where you have to already be diagnosed, to have access to that information, those shared experiences?

On the other hand, I have some really personal and difficult stuff I want to talk about which is partly related to my E, but I don't want the general public being able to access. I know there are "rooms" here I can go, and need to familiarise myself better with this site (I sometimes have trouble learning new things), but might feel safer talking to only E sufferers, so can see the benefits of such a site.

Ah, you see - the Aquarian; the eternal fence sitter *smile*

Sure thing, Anja now about that cup of coffee, let's make it a Bailey's Irish coffee and you got a deal! Glad you found that site. It's made for a very interesting conversation and explanations of how and why sites must have restriction. There is such a thing as too much, even with registrations!

Now come on over to the BBQ and pick on the guys with us.

OK, Birdbomb, you talked me 'round, you get the coffee, I get the whiskey (noticed the spelling ???), mind you, a word of warning, 1/2 shandy and i'm anybody's...another half and no-one want's me.............:roflmao::rock:

... I don't want the general public being able to access. I know there are "rooms" here I can go, and need to familiarise myself better with this site ...

Padded Room and The Loft. I just updated the forum room descriptions on the Forum Room List to reflect that.

Padded Room and The Loft.

Thanks, Bernard. I found the Padded Room and initiated (as opposed to replied to) my first post (other than introductory), but wasn't aware of The Loft.

cheers
Chel

Back
Top Bottom