Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BIGMAN131307

Veteran
Reaction score
Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women

Wed Nov 14, 11:04 PM ET

SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_asia_afp/lifestyleaustraliachristmasoffbeat

Now that is going a bit far. No matter what you do, someone is aways going to find fault.

:roflmao:

If Santa looked at me and said 'ha ha ha', I'd think he was taking the mickey, and ask him wtf he was laughing at :D

Now, if he was saying 'YO, ho ho' I could understand...

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children ...

See the 5 minute mark:

Back
Top Bottom