Say Goodnight....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cinnabar

New
Reaction score
George Burns to Gracie Allen -their signature sign off at the end of "The Burns and Allen Show" ....

George: Say goodnight Gracie. Gracie: Goodnight Gracie!

From an episode:

George: Looking at Gracie, who is arranging a large vase of beautiful flowers. Where did they come from?

Gracie: Don't you, remember George? You said that if I went to visit Clara Bagley in the hospital I should take her flowers. So, when she wasn't looking, I did.

Grace Allen wrote may of these lines. Not a stupid women! And their "timing" together was impeccable.

I met a Gracey Allen woman. It was mid fall. When she returned back to the office from lunch hour, I asked her what the weather was like. She said: I don't know? I didn't have my coat on?

Laurie :roflmao:

I used to LOVE

watching them on TV when I was a kid. Granted, it was in re-runs, but I didn't really care. They ALWAYS made me laugh. Gracie was the ULTIMATE, I thought, in laughs. :bigmouth::roflmao:

Yeah...

watching them on TV when I was a kid. Granted, it was in re-runs, but I didn't really care. They ALWAYS made me laugh. Gracie was the ULTIMATE, I thought, in laughs. :bigmouth::roflmao:
...They were a kick. Nothing like the likes of them around anymore! Laurie

Are you sure it was reruns Meetz? :pfft:

Just kidding!

That show was great. I don't understand why TVLand or one of those classic channels doesn't carry those shows. I like watching the old shows.

Oh, you "got" Meetz...

Are you sure it was reruns Meetz? :pfft:

Just kidding!

That show was great. I don't understand why TVLand or one of those classic channels doesn't carry those shows. I like watching the old shows.
at my expense about re-runs! I, too, wish they'd come back to us. Where has all the intelligent humour gone? I'd like to can those shows with canned laughter.

Laurie - :agree:

Where has all the decent humor gone? I wish we could still watch comedies without being barraged with curse words.... Ah the good old days......

Pffffffbbbtttttt!!!!!!!!!

:bigsmile:Buckeye, you are a booger butt!! :roflmao: I'll just bet you saw them LIVE!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!

You crack me up, do you know that???

I really wish I could find their show on TV again, though.........
:bigsmile:

Never heard..

:bigsmile:Buckeye, you are a booger butt!! :roflmao: I'll just bet you saw them LIVE!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!

You crack me up, do you know that???

I really wish I could find their show on TV again, though.........
:bigsmile:
...Booger butt! I know some people who I can throw that one out to! Buckeye has a wicked sense of humour! Laurie -

Actually Cinnabar, I guess I just don't understand how using profanity is funny..... I've always told the students in my classes that people will judge them by the words that they use, and that using a litany of swear words only shows that they aren't creative enough to express their feelings without resorting to vulgar words. So I actually think that the use of profanity indicates a lack of creativity.....but that's just me. :)

profanity

Actually Cinnabar, I guess I just don't understand how using profanity is funny..... I've always told the students in my classes that people will judge them by the words that they use, and that using a litany of swear words only shows that they aren't creative enough to express their feelings without resorting to vulgar words. So I actually think that the use of profanity indicates a lack of creativity.....but that's just me. :)
Four Letter Words...I worked with a guy "he cursed alot" One day he said to me " just because you have a larger vocabulary that me, do you think your smarter that me!!!" I said "not necessarily, I just have the ability to speak with a larger range of people than you." He didn't curse. Was quiet. But I can imagine what words were going throuth his head! Cinnabar

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom