Scared and confused

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thats great that they took the news that way and they were so supportive!!!!

Life can be surprising !!!!!!!!!!!

Riva

Good for you! :brock:

Bet that was a load off your mind! Being so well recieved certainly has it's benifits!

Hi Heather,
Things are never quite as bad as we think they are going to be are they.I'm really pleased your boss was understanding it must be a bid weight off your mind.
Janet

VEA and lawyers

[note: I merged this post into the thread you were referencing ~ Bernard]

I cannot remember nor can I find the message somewhere in here where someone is talking about their situation and someone else suggests the union might be able to help them.

They replied that in Virginia the teachers can't have a union, only an association. I wanted to put my :twocents: in.

I was a para-professional (fancy word for teacher's assistant) in an elementary school. I was hurt on the job. The VEA provided a lawyer for me and he got me 100% medical care for anything caused by the accident. The medical care is lifetime. I didn't get a big money settlement, but I didn't want that. I asked him to go for as much medical as he could.

Thank goodness, because Epilepsy drugs are very expensive.
As are the tests, appointments, etc. My husband has health insurance but the deductable would still be costly. Workman's Comp has to pay it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom