Seeing neurologist

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
I seeing one at last appointment came yesterday see doc tomorrow what to say to doc I know I sit there like lump of lard.I want go in there fully in charge some ideas what to say after ten years of not seeing one...All things I wanted to say plus how not to come off cloberzam no secret I abuse it I guess got tell him without looking like pathetic weak junky.
Ideas how handle it would be very welcolme

Sometimes I write things down before seeing the doctor, and if I am feeling too embarrased about something to articulate it well I will just hand her my notes so she can read about it first and then we can talk about it.

Good idea...I want go in fully in charged let her know she my obedient servent but be polite and remembers me because I nice.

Ten years?! That is a long time to go without a neurologist monitoring your medication and symptoms/seizures, plus in that 10 year time-frame other medications have come onto the market that may be better for you in terms of reduced side effects and better seizure control. The neurologist is by no means your "obedient servant"; your doctor should be regarded as a partner in your health care: 50% you and 50% your doctor. You do need to do your part, however: do your research (if you haven't already) into the type(s) of seizures you have and the best medications for these seizure types, present your seizure journal to your neurologist or at least be prepared to describe the seizures to the doctor (frequency, duration, pre and post ictal feelings as well as how you feel during the seizure if you are conscious) as well as any descriptions from those who have witnessed your seizures, write down which medication side effects would be most intolerable to you and ask the doctor to keep this in mind when choosing a medication, and as zombelina mentioned above write down questions. Keep everything as concise as you can but without leaving out important information as neurologists' time can be limited. If some things didn't get covered, just be firm and say that you need another appointment soon to go over more details.

Yes the side effects what's worse for me no thought that question.i been on lamotinge So long don't even know what side effects and what's me.That I am concerned about if he asked I have no clue I been on it so long and keppra no way I going on that all things read about it...
As British tax payer paid for doctors training and he gets fat salary becausei of that ,doctor can listen.He be locum and not care just clock watching believe me I know
been 10 years I moved and one thing after other I never transferred plus no nuro would or will work here and just so far away the hospital I was under

Back
Top Bottom