• I experience seizures more during the day

Votes: 43 18.1%
  • I experience seizures both day and night

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • My seizures are isolated and sporadic

Votes: 56 23.6%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have the most in the day, but recently have been having occasional cps at night. The only other difference is when I get hot so summer isn't so great either

I don't know what season it usually varies but always seems to be in the evening and ALWAYS at home(thank god).

If it's really hot outside I am going to have a grandmal.I have simple partial all day now. I hope the VNS helps. That's in may. My myoclonic seizures are at night , that is if I do a lot in the day. Which I love to do but I see as I'm getting older my body asks different. Like I don't have periods anymore ,but I do have all the symtoms. Like breast swelling, and extra swelling of fluid in my brain, so the day before my period would start I get all this energy, clean the house, ya know have all the energy I always want . Then Bam! that night or the next day I will have a grand mal.

Difficult to tell but hot cloudy weather tends to feel the worst I think...like a few of you I love buildings with ac
Also seem to be linked with my hormones, been on progesterone for a few years which's helped as far as I can tell

i dont know if the weather has anything to do with mine yet, or if oxygen levels affect it, it oxygen affect it, you think I would stay off my bicycle worth something. I was having apnea like affects for a bit, but not at the moment, I think.

I have had Epilepsy since I was 15. I've had it for 10 years now and so far I've had about 15 Grand mal seizures. They are usually in my sleep and so far only two have been during the day. I have small seizures like jerks throughout the day, every day. And just recently I have experienced break through seizures 3 to 4 times a day.

I have had Epilepsy since I was 15. I've had it for 10 years now and so far I've had about 15 Grand mal seizures. They are usually in my sleep and so far only two have been during the day. I have small seizures like jerks throughout the day, every day. And just recently I have experienced break through seizures 3 to 4 times a day.

:hugs:

I have increased my liquid intake. (no more than one alcoholic beverage, if any, a day)
I feel better, and I seem to seize less.
Yesterday, I did not have a high liquid intake, and I had a simple partial.
Maybe if everybody increased water intake?
I also take a potassium and vitamin D supplement with all my supplements and meds.

I've always had a high liquid intake for years. I don't drink alcohol at all.
It doesn't matter make a difference with my seizures.

Even if I cut out the soda, drink tons of water, get the right vitamins/minerals and eat a well balanced diet, my seizures still happen.

Add rest, meditation, creative ways to reduce stress and eating well without torturing yourself.
You could also have environmental allergies.

I have them all year round, first seizure was in April 2007. Longest I've gone without is six months after first stating meds August last year, otherwise no more than two months between. Just had a recent bad run of 27 over the last eight weeks.

Last edited:
Mondays between 4-630pm. ive had 75% of mine than. coming off the weekend & sleeping differently than when i go to work.

Did our clocks last week and feel good never occurred to me time factor.

98% of the time at night. Year round. the other 2% is if I am sick or they are induced.

This was me until I got my meds under control. My neurologist is amazing and I will cry when he retires one day.

It took about 2 years though, not 10. Big hugs.

Back
Top Bottom