• I experience seizures more during the day

Votes: 43 18.1%
  • I experience seizures both day and night

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • My seizures are isolated and sporadic

Votes: 56 23.6%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I wasn't giving you the link for the NFB, but for what Dr Blaylock says about seizures during sleep, and upon waking. If you click on that link it will take you to something he wrote about seizures.

Yet, on the subjet of NFB it is actually biofeedback for the brain, which helps to stabilize brain function. Something you might read up upon.

I have a lot of those at night while I'm on my period. Bad dreams durring the seizures.the last two days have been tough. But at least Im ok.

I have been reading that if the body can't process insulin it gets sent back into the blood stream and causes estrogen dominance. That increase in estrogen can be the trigger to the catamenial seizures. I know I am not defining this in medical terminology, but I have posted some info on Rebecca's story. I am trying to wrap my head around it myself. Seems like simple carbs are the culprit.

I noticed about 10 years ago that my seizures started to have pattern that followed the seasons. The crossover periods from summer/winter aren't real defined in California, but that period where its not real hot or not really cold (spring/fall) typically cluster seizures.
I usually have them while lying in bed, when I first wake up. But also during the day too. I sometimes wonder if allergies in the ear/sinuses can cause swelling that pushes against the brain??? :ponder:

Hi Tiemaybe- It doesn't have to just be inflammation in the brain. It can be problems with the intestines as well that cause this. It can be your blood sugar levels. Anything that can affect your nervous system can be a cause. Good though that you are considering all possibilities.

You might consider blood sugar levels if you have seizures when you first get up.

I am getting some tests for that . An upper GI test. My face swells up now durring my period. Since all these bad seizures. I'm sorry guys. I have to be so brave in front of my son. I feel as if my whole body is falling apart. I hurt all the time. I start massage therapy tomarrow along with physical therapy. I just don't know what to think anymore. New meds, now. VNS.pray for me please. I don't know how anymore. I have always been so positive. Teresa

Fall into winter are the worst. The holidays are so damn commercialized that if you are sick like us and cannot work it's hell. I stress about affording the meals and the gifts. Then all the stess just kicks it all into high gear healthwise. :(

Since I've came off one med Vimpat and trying Keppra again I'm still having seizures this month.
Vimpat didn't do much for me maybe Keppra will at a smaller dose.
I'm having a heck of time getting some control back in my life.

Belinda

Hi All!

I have seizures any time of year - it doesn't really matter what time of year it is. However, think all my seizures have been in PM (12noon to 12midnight) - ony 1 that I know has been in AM (12midnight to 12noon).

Does any one else have that? Can any one give any reasons why? If you can, it would be appreciated.

Susan

Miss Choccy

When do you take your medication? Where are your seizures coming from in your brain? (Temporal, frontal, etc.)

:e:

Hi Endless,

I take my medication twice a day. The morning dose at 7:15am and the evening dose at 6:15pm. My medication is tegretol retard.

Hoping this is of help - sorry I haven't replied to your question sooner. Just haven't been looking at this post - until today. Saw it there - on the Coping With Epilepsy page and wanted to take a look at it to see if there was an updates!!

Susan

Miss Choccy

:e:

I think mine are more often late winter and spring although this year I am feeling very strange as it approached summer and began warming up. As far as day/night I'd have to go with day since no one is around me at night so I can't really tell :ponder:

My seizures can happen at anytime, however I rarely have seizures when I'm sleeping.

The majority of my seizures each month come right before or during menses.

Mel

I seem to have them most often in my sleep, but I occasionally have them during the day.

Heat is a big trigger for me, so they mostly happen in the summer or when I'm really sick with a fever.

This is an interesting poll--intriguing to see how time of day affects seizure activity.

Most of my seizures seem to be in the late evening/night but sometimes they happen during the day too. There is no seasonal pattern, though.

Lunch Time Seizure

My seizures pick the time of day they want to come out and show their faces. The majority of the time, it's at lunch time. I've had 4 car accidents because of having a seizure while driving, and every one of them happened while I was on a lunch break. I still have them although I don't drive, but they come out now more during the daytime.

Wow, Cheryl thats crazy. Mid day. That's interesting. I used to have them in just the right temporal lobe. Then after the surgery. Ta Da they spread. Now I have them day and night all kinds of weird seizures. But like Chicken little sais "Today is a new day!"

had one today, didnt know just realized later i had a bruise on my eyebrow,
I am blaming it on the macdonalds I had

Back
Top Bottom