• I experience seizures more during the day

Votes: 43 18.1%
  • I experience seizures both day and night

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • My seizures are isolated and sporadic

Votes: 56 23.6%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

had

I had seizures no matter if it was day or night. winter or summer. I can say being in the sun would bring them on more.

I can have seizures any morning, noon and night, any season of the year and more.
I do have to watch in the summer months because getting to overheated can trigger them.
I do have sleep problems, even now since being put on Trazadone at first it really helped me be able to sleep at least 6 straight hours without waking up now after being raised from 100 to 200 to 300 mgs. at bedtime I am still only managed to sleep maybe 3 to 4 hours straight without waking up at least every halfhour to hour.
I know such sleep problems don't help to keep the seizures under control either and I have those all year round.

There are no patterns except that whenever I have partial I have my period too - but I don't have seizure whenever I have my period.

I have seizures if I'm stressed, tired, if I have headaches, and before, during, and after my menstral cycle they are always worse. When it is my "time " of the monthI usually have multiple seizures a day

ems and written orders

Perhaps if you can show ems that the doctor said to use the recovery position. Otherwise, the default position is on the back. Verbal orders mean nothing. I had a doctor give me verbal orders to participate in in Phys Ed classes in high school. The rule was 'no written order, no participation'. I was already taunted and teased enough without learning how to play sports. I became locker room attendant.

Last edited:
hi there.

my E effects me all year round
and it experience seizures more at nights

take care
cazzie

Seizures.

My seizures effect me all year round. It doesn't matter if it's day or night.

without warning

Mine may be absence seizures, but they happen all the time and without warning. Unfortunately, when another epileptic at work died of sudep, some people became 'overly concerned' about whether I was doing alright.
(While there still are dingalings that believe in demon possession.)

I answered isolated and sporadic, because they are few and far between right now :) I was thinking about when my seizures usually occur just the other day... I realized that every time I've ever had one it was in the afternoon/evening :ponder:

Dogtor J has some information about journaling your meals and seeing if you are hit after a meal high in gluten or casein approx. 4 hrs after eating.

It doesn't really matter to my seizures.
It can be any season.
They'll be more frequent when my meds are being changed if that counts.

Belinda

With the exception of one night (and not sure that was a seizure), all my seizures have happened during the day.
Since I am pretty new to E, I cannot say anything about the season of the year,...but this is something else I have learned from ya'll. Who knew it would be different depending on the time of the year.

Seizure Frequency has increased dranatically!

In 30+ yrs. of experience of having epilepsy. I have noticed my seizure frequencies increase the most during the summer. And when I havestress from pain and other emotional stress from having to deal with daily issues which is painful enough.
David

Last edited:
Hot summer

Heat always gets me. In fact, my worst seizure have been heat related.
Then people think I'm weird for using the AC a lot.

my seizures almost always increase in the summer time.
I always have the a/c on .
this heat &humidity can send me into sz's going down hurting myself like it has this summer.
But our summer not quite over in the south we'll have more heat&humidity for a while to come.

Belinda

RobinN I checked it out thread.
what of it?
Belinda

Last edited:
I thought the article was interesting.

Does the stress of taunting count?
I also feel pretty good at the end of the work day, when it is almost time to go home. I used to be a morning person, and tired at the end of the day.
This must have come on as I've gotten older.
I think I've gotten into a vicious cycle: a soda in the afternoon to pick me up. Followed by a caffeine let down, followed by the need for caffeine to pick me up, etc.
But water with sea salt? I have used mineral salts, instead, and infrequently.

Back
Top Bottom