Seizures on a particular day

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CQ:)

Veteran
Reaction score
This may be a crazy question but wondering if anyone has ever experienced having seizure on a particular day or time.

I've had a few seizures at my current job, they are nearly always on Wednesdays. I've only had 3 seizures since my last review with the neuro in December but they were all on a Wednesday morning.

I don't know if this is just a coincedence or because Wednesdays is when we have to have timesheets in & getting the timesheets of the young guys at work is like pulling teeth. Then waiting for the boss to sign them of so i can get the payslips ready.

I talk to my neuro tomorrow so was going to ask him if I think of but have a couple of other things I need to discuss with him in the time I have with him.

My seizures were never on a particular day. However they were almost always in the evening after 4pm.

I just spoke to my neuro, he’s increased my zonegran and I see him in 4 months.
I asked him about how my seizures at work are always on Wednesday morning and asked if that is for a reason or coincidence. He went hmm it could be that you had a bad sleep on Tuesday night which triggered the seizure on the Wednesday or stress.

He knows how my job is stressful but we discussed ways to limit the stress.

Hi CQ,

I always have seizures anytime between the 18th and 25th of each month and they happen either around 8 am or later in the day between 2-3 pm. My neuro told me a lot of it is do to hormones changing but I later found out the reason why I'm having the seizures at this time of day is because I'm around my people using their cell phones and that is what was triggering my seizures because I'm cell phone sensitive. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

My initial thought was Pavlov's Law (no, I'm not calling you a dog ;) ).

You have correlated the two events of getting timesheets (which are always on Wednesday) and they are usually (if not ALWAYS) stressful from what you have written.

Well we know stress increases the possibility of a seizure. So even if the timesheets don't look too stressful one week (Wednesday), your brain is already saying,

"Oh no! Not again! I hate this part of the week!! It's too stressful!! Plus, I've had seizures when I do this! NO!!"

Just like the dogs in Pavlov's Law. Hey, a ringing bell!! Where's the food?!?! What food? I just rang bell... go back to bed you silly dog... however, the dog was trained to correlate the two (ringing bell equals food).

In your case, Wednesdays equals timesheets equals stress equals seizures.

My :twocents:

My initial thought was Pavlov's Law (no, I'm not calling you a dog ;) ).

You have correlated the two events of getting timesheets (which are always on Wednesday) and they are usually (if not ALWAYS) stressful from what you have written.

Well we know stress increases the possibility of a seizure. So even if the timesheets don't look too stressful one week (Wednesday), your brain is already saying,

"Oh no! Not again! I hate this part of the week!! It's too stressful!! Plus, I've had seizures when I do this! NO!!"

Just like the dogs in Pavlov's Law. Hey, a ringing bell!! Where's the food?!?! What food? I just rang bell... go back to bed you silly dog... however, the dog was trained to correlate the two (ringing bell equals food).

In your case, Wednesdays equals timesheets equals stress equals seizures.

My :twocents:
Thanks Army Vet

I always joke I hate Wednesdays, the guys I work with are only early 20s & most of them have no respect.

A couple of weeks ago I told them off :rock:, I'd had a seizure in the shops the day before so was still feeling off from that so not in the mood for anyones crap. I went out to the boys and told them I wanted their timesheets, I wasn't in the mood for their crap. Next thing I know they all bought them in to me lol. When I asked one young guy he just went yeah yeah & my coworker told him nicely if he worked anywhere else he wouldnt get paid for not putting in timesheet. Next thing you know he comes running in with his timesheet :roflmao:.

My neuro knows I dont sleep well & one of the main causes of my issues with sleep is stress. He was thinking the seizure was due to bad night sleep on the Tuesday nights so fatigue with the combination of the added stress at work.

Thanks Army Vet

I always joke I hate Wednesdays, the guys I work with are only early 20s & most of them have no respect.

A couple of weeks ago I told them off :rock:, I'd had a seizure in the shops the day before so was still feeling off from that so not in the mood for anyones crap. I went out to the boys and told them I wanted their timesheets, I wasn't in the mood for their crap. Next thing I know they all bought them in to me lol. When I asked one young guy he just went yeah yeah & my coworker told him nicely if he worked anywhere else he wouldnt get paid for not putting in timesheet. Next thing you know he comes running in with his timesheet :roflmao:.

My neuro knows I dont sleep well & one of the main causes of my issues with sleep is stress. He was thinking the seizure was due to bad night sleep on the Tuesday nights so fatigue with the combination of the added stress at work.

Oh yeah, that's where I was going to suggest you change the word "want" to "need" and also add on there "if you want to get paid..."

Making the whole thing read, "I NEED your timesheet if you WANT to get paid." :eek: :lol:

Respect is something that has to be taught, learned and earned. Too many people don't understand respect and therefore usually disrespect others. Treat me with respect and I'll do the same.

As for sleep, I hate that for you. I have the same problem. It's a Catch-22. If you're stressed, you don't sleep well. If you don't sleep well, you're stressed. Then you're stressed that you won't sleep well! I brought this up with my neurologist and he gave me a medication that is essentially a sleep medication. It seems to help me sleep some, but I still wake up somewhat. It's like I can only sleep for 4-6 hours and then that's it. I'll essentially "toss-n-turn" (ie go to sleep, but wake up in an hour or less).

Oh yeah, that's where I was going to suggest you change the word "want" to "need" and also add on there "if you want to get paid..."

Making the whole thing read, "I NEED your timesheet if you WANT to get paid." :eek: :lol:

Respect is something that has to be taught, learned and earned. Too many people don't understand respect and therefore usually disrespect others. Treat me with respect and I'll do the same.
Usually I think I ask nicely for their timesheet but that day I just wasn’t in the mood for any crap.

The day I got cranky with the boys I said to one of the older apprentices about my seizure and I was still feeling off. He went ‘bummer, maybe you should’ve taken a few more days off’. I told him I don’t take days off unless I need to abd if I took the day off they wouldn’t have got paid as I do their timesheets & get their payslips ready. He went oh yeah :roflmao:

The guy who works out the front with me always tells me don’t take any crap from the young guys and stand my ground. Mostly they’re good but sometimes they give attitude which I won’t tolerate. I don’t have much to do with them as I’m in the office and they’re out the back in the workshop. I just see them when I need their timesheets or they give me paper work.

As for sleep, I hate that for you. I have the same problem. It's a Catch-22. If you're stressed, you don't sleep well. If you don't sleep well, you're stressed. Then you're stressed that you won't sleep well! I brought this up with my neurologist and he gave me a medication that is essentially a sleep medication. It seems to help me sleep some, but I still wake up somewhat. It's like I can only sleep for 4-6 hours and then that's it. I'll essentially "toss-n-turn" (ie go to sleep, but wake up in an hour or less).
My neuro isn’t interested in giving me anything for sleep as he knows my main issues are stress and my GP refused to. For me my main issue is getting to sleep, once I get off I’m ok. Since the drs wouldn’t give me anything I decided to try other methods and found the best thing that’s helped me is a relaxation CD which is designed to help you sleep . A lady gos through relaxation techniques similar to yoga and meditation. There are 5 steps and I think I nearly always fall asleep by step 3 :roflmao:.

I was originally full time but cut back to part time in August last year, so now work 3 days. When I went part time the boss got another younger girl who is more of a junior to with the other 2 days. She works Monday and Tuesday,
I work Wednesday - Friday. Because I’m more experienced the boss puts more pressure and the bigger work load onto me plus he needs a lot of help lol.
I found I need the relaxation CD to help me sleep on a work night but if it’s been a stressful week by Friday I’m exhausted and tired so sleep on Saturday.

I’m always impressed if I don’t have a nap on the weekend :roflmao:

the PAVLO effect sounds good one...I know for me if doing something and it happen more than once at same time and place I would start stressing and make things worse

Im due to see the neuro again this month, last time I saw him was just before Easter.
My seizures have reduced and only 1 seizure at work which thankfully was a Friday afternoon so I could rest that weekend.

But I’ve noticed there has been a bit of a trend with my other seizures as they’ve either been same time. 80% of them were Monday night between 8:30 - 9:30, right when I was either watching an Aussie show or about to watch it. There is no flashing lights or anything that can trigger my seizures, just comedians talking.
Other then that I had a couple on Saturday night and I had 3 at Easter (3 in 3 days) and just couple of weeks ago I had 3 in 3 days.

I was talking to my neuropsychologist last week about something on my mind and she was helping me get an appointment with the neurologist. I asked her about having the seizures at certain times of the day or night and said at the moment I’m putting it down to coincidence but thought I probably should tell the neurologist.

She agreed it was important to tell the neurologist as having the seizures the same time each night eg Monday nights might mean something and he might need to adjust my meds (the time I take my meds).

Hi CQ,
My situation is similar to yours but I allways have my seizures in the fall season, usually in Octobert'stt
I think IT'S from weather change (lack of sunlight ) although IT'S never been proven.
I wonder if any other CWE members have noticed this?

Hi CQ,
My situation is similar to yours but I allways have my seizures in the fall season, usually in Octobert'stt
I think IT'S from weather change (lack of sunlight ) although IT'S never been proven.
I wonder if any other CWE members have noticed this?
Hi RanMan
I'm pretty sure Porkette mentioned before hers happen more certain times of the year because of the weather.
I don't think weather affects mine because I have them every month, I do tend to have more when Im more stressed.
It was just interestign this time that I was having them on Monday nights. Probably nothing but I see the neuro on Monday so will check with him :)

This may be a crazy question but wondering if anyone has ever experienced having seizure on a particular day or time.

I've had a few seizures at my current job, they are nearly always on Wednesdays. I've only had 3 seizures since my last review with the neuro in December but they were all on a Wednesday morning.

I don't know if this is just a coincedence or because Wednesdays is when we have to have timesheets in & getting the timesheets of the young guys at work is like pulling teeth. Then waiting for the boss to sign them of so i can get the payslips ready.

I talk to my neuro tomorrow so was going to ask him if I think of but have a couple of other things I need to discuss with him in the time I have with him.
For me it was never related to a day. I did notice a strong relation to the moon. I had my strongest Grand-mal seizures on the full moon.

Stress is a factor, but my seizures can occur at any time/place. I've even had breakthrough complex partials 2 or 3 hours after taking a dose of medication.

Stress always triggers my seizures as does lack of sleep but every month when there is a full moon I literally feel like I have no energy and I always have seizures or symptoms from the epilepsy. This occurs even if I have had a good sleep and even when I am not feeling stressed.

Hi CQ,

I always have seizures anytime between the 18th and 25th of each month and they happen either around 8 am or later in the day between 2-3 pm. My neuro told me a lot of it is do to hormones changing but I later found out the reason why I'm having the seizures at this time of day is because I'm around my people using their cell phones and that is what was triggering my seizures because I'm cell phone sensitive. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Wow I didn't realise cell phones could play a part in seizures. I wonder if this is where my new symptoms have come from because before hand i rarely used a cell and now everyone in the house has one and my epilepsy has been really bad of late.

Back
Top Bottom