Seizures, taking a nap

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Ruth

New
Reaction score
A few nights ago, I had seizures in my sleep. I woke up and felt like my head was fractured. The pain went away.

Today, I took a nap and woke up with a black eye. My face had blood on it.

I hate to sound like I am complaining. Are these nocturnal seizures? I am not thinking right now. Has anyone have the same experience?

It sounds

like you ARE having nocturnal seizures, Ruth. Is it possible to set up a video camera or something, so that you know for sure?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Meetz, that is what I thought, nocturnal seizures. I cannot afford a video camera. My husband suggested that I ask for a prescription for one. I might just be able to get one though my insurance. If the doctor says it is a medical nessicity, I might be able to get one.

"That is a good idea!!" Quote from my husband.

Maybe you can rent or borrow a camera from someone if insurance won't cover it; a little webcam attached to your computer might do the trick. Does your neurologist know about these nocturnal seizures?

These noturnal seizures are new. I am going to call my neurologist tomorrow.

That is a good idea about renting a camera.

Hi everyone,

Today, I called my neurologist. He upped my Keppra by 3 at bedtime. That makes it 3500 a day. That is high. But, maybe it will help. He then sent me to my regular doctor who did all of the work.

She did a urine sample and found blood. She wiped off my eye, which had been bleeding. It had stopped. She found pink. She sent it to a pathologist. She also had a CtScan done at night. It turned out normal. All of this was done in one day.

I see my doctor in 3 days to get the results of my tests. In the emergency room, I found out that my diabetes blood glucose was 101. That is low. When nobody was looking, I took a glucose tablet to up my blood sugar. The 101 was after dinner.

I will let you know when I get the results from my doctor. I will ask about the Video Camera.

Awwww, Ruth!!

I hope it gets better for you, and soon!!! Let us know, OK? (((HUGS)))

Hi Ruth, I'm glad you got prompt medical care. I hope the upped Keppra helps. Do you think your low blood sugar might havebeen a contributing factor? It's been a trigger for my seizures in the past.

They tested my blood sugar and it was normal. It is a trigger for me, to high or to low.

I hate nocturnal seizures.Wake up and I'm so tired I want to go to sleep. I have myoclonic nocturnal seizures and now reg grand mal seizures at night and day.

Be careful Ruth.
That is how we lost some one special.

Back
Top Bottom