Shaking when writing/typing

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I really don't know how to describe this but almost any time I'm talking to someone, like the people at a company to get help about something and I need to write down what they are telling me to do,a phone number that I need or when I'm filling out paper work are some examples, the hand I'm writing with will shake. I'm not nervous about doing it at all but if you saw it you'd think I was.

Just the other day I opened a savings account at a bank. They asked me if I wanted to be able to access the account on line and I said yes. I had to type in my password, secrete and 4 secrete questions on the bankers keyboard so he wouldn't know what it was. I know how to type but I just couldn't do it that day because my hands were shaking so bad. I ended up having to one finger typing things in.

It will happen almost all the time when it's with someone I don't know but it will happen with people I do to but like I said I'm not nervous at all.

I'm typing things in right now just fine and last night I wrote a good bit in a note book with no problems. It's just odd.

Hi valeriedl,

There are times when my hand will start to shake when I write and my handwriting has gotten terrible over the yrs. I can't help but ask myself since the computer world came out
many people type more than write and this in turn could be a reason why a person may shake when trying to write. I also wonder if it has to do with any meds a person takes that
may cause them to shake a little when writing or anytime. This has happened to me in the past. Here's wishing you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Could it be a med side effect? Or possibly what's called "essential tremor":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_tremor

...it can worsen in response to fatigue, strong emotions, low blood sugar, cold and heat, caffeine, lithium salts, some antidepressants, and other factors. It is typical for the tremor to worsen in "performance" situations, such as when writing a check for payment at a store or giving a presentation.

Like epilepsy, it can be genetic and/or have different causes, but it's usually fairly mild. My aunt had it, and some cousins too.

Thank you so much Nakamova! I have so many other problems that is in that information too and what the causes could be.

I must do the shaking a good bit and I don't realize it unless it's severe. Just the other night at dinner my dad asked me if I was ok because my hand was shaking a little bit and was worried that I might be having a seizure. My mom told him that I do that a lot and it wasn't anything to worry about.

Thank you to all. I had just been wondering in the last week about my "tremors" where I have Shakey hands it comes and goes. Doc said eat more. If I eat lots of food all day long. It does not help. I can not carry a full cup of coffee to the table from the counter. Moving plates of food to other rooms is beyond me. As I sit at the table my right hand tremors on its own. So embarrassing. My writing! Also the treasured ability to be able to write. ? It looks like a four year old did it. Doc says it's side effects, maybe depakote. So, what does this mean? Can't drive can't travel, can't stop shaking, to say nothing of swimming.

check palsms of hand if feels and looks like a hard worm under skin it a tendon.If that the case your dna will show you direct decendent of Vikings,i was well chuffed to now that.But you American your linage be well mixed

Back
Top Bottom