Snowed In

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tinasmom

New
Reaction score
We have gotten the worst snow storm here since 1979. Yesterday we got 15 inches of snow with winds and drifting. People were stuck on the Interstate for 11 hours. I sure am glad that my husband bought a 4X4 truck this year. My husband is going crazy with the kids home two days in a row. Oh it's so nice to live in Wisconsin!:paperbag:

We were enjoying Spring like weather yesterday. I felt like digging in the garden and planting some tomatoes (wish I had).

Bernard, that's almost cruel!....

...if I wasn't on the way to the pool with the kids I'd have to give you some trouble!

Hang in there TinasMom! My wife Renee's best friend lives in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin and just emailed about the nastiness up there!

Now where's those towels?
:ponder:

I actually miss the snow

Right now on the West Coast we've had wind warnings for 3 days & the winds are so strong at night it's impossible to sleep. The lack of sun doesn't help either. Everybody (myself included) seems to get really moody in this weather.

Maybe I'll move to Texas.

I have pictures of our snow, but I can't get them to copy here.

lookingdownsidewalkinfrof8.th.jpg

Thank you Bernard! Here is the snow that we got in one day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That would be eutopia for my border collie. She eats snow, jumps in it and just loves the cold weather.
I live right next to a highway and it's actually kind of nice when there is a major snowstorm. Nobody is out on the highway and the air actually doesn't smell like exhaust for a change.
We did have a similar situation here last year when they neglected to close off an interstate highway due to really bad ice and very poor driving conditions. People were also stuck on that highway. Our highway maintenance crews were highly criticized for not reacting quickly. They had people distributing warm beverages and food along the interstate to others waiting in their cars. It was amazing.

At least the sun is shining!

That is so beautiful. The blues in the shadows ....
I will trade you places for the day... it is suppose to be in the 70's all weekend here.
But you'll have to keep the kids, I want to paint.

It maylook pretty, but it sure isn't fun to drive in. Guess what, more snow, it's snowing right now.

Caution, the video below contains MTV-like fast scene cuts:

Back
Top Bottom