Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Phylis, it is just another health problem. It has been caught early. There are meds for it. I have a positive attitude about all of my health problems.

I was wondering, is Alzheimer's to be kept "in the closet" like epilepsy use to be. For instance, I was diagnosed with epilepsy 62 years ago. At that time, epilepsy was still "in the closet." I told everyone.

Back in the WWI the US Army among others had issues getting the right uniforms to be uniform. They used the volume of men in the armed forces to generate a volume of data that was eventually used to create sizes for men that work easily. *My wife has a degree in fashion design and this is what I was told* Now since that time many designers have fallen off track and men sizes vary but not as much as women. She theorized it would take over 1 million women being measured and a change in the size vectors to create a better system.

After years of marriage I never engage in that conversation at home anymore. It only took 10 times before I learned that...

Im also mad that a guy can walk into any store, pick up a pair of jeans in their size and walk out knowing they will fit, and us women have to take 3 different sizes into the change room to see which size will fit. The go to another store and do the same thing because womens clothes arent standardized sizes!

RAE,pleeeeeeeeeaze tell me where this store exists!?!,it would have saved me 3 hours on saturday,trudging from store to store in the pissing rain and still coming home with sod all!

Neil, my hubby and son go to WalMart and do just what Rae said. There might be other stores, too.

Neil, my hubby and son go to WalMart and do just what Rae said. There might be other stores, too.

Aaaaaaw Ruth,thank you,i live in Scotland,we certainly have no Walmart im afraid,i think Lou said Asda were part of Walmart,so theres one coming to a town near me soon,honestly though theres no way i would just walk out without trying them on over here.Best fits seem to be designer shops Hugo Boss etc,but they are like £140.So one dosent get very many pairs for his pounds.
All the Best,Neil

We have something in common. My great grandparents came from Scotland. They came from Falkirk.

You said, "for his pounds." Are you overweight? That is a hard one to find a shop that is not a designer store. Maybe Asda will be the store for you. Let me know. I would like you to have a cheaper price on clothes.

Oh,no im not over weight,maybe slightly lol,when i was saying "for his pounds" i was meaning in cash terms,like i cant get many pairs for my money.Everything here is in pounds and pence.

Nice to hear you have scottish heritage inside off you,that tells me you must be a truly decent scots lassie!!!

Back
Top Bottom