Stopping drugs when seizures have been controlled for years

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Robin,

I'm not aware of any prior damage to my colon or intestines but I will check into it further, besides, I think my epilepsy is hereditary and triggered by stress, my sister has it really bad and out of control.
Her first seizure (granmal in 1972) was when she was 13yo and her first period (that was her trigger).
Back then there wasn't that much known about EP so it was handled by her family Dr. and he ended up overdosing her on dilantin and for such a long period of time that it caused permanent severe brain damage ~ she is now mentally retarded.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom