stress release

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

joey

New
Reaction score
i have something for you all to try. turn everything around you that makes noise off. and check out this out.

Lawdy, Lawdy! Simon and Garfunkle!

Revisiting a bit of history! Thanks Joey. That was one of their most beautiful pieces.

WOW, now that takes me back in time, I liked Neil Diamond too. Songs from my youth are important to me, even goofy ones like "We all live in a yellow submarine". On my myspace I have spiritually based songs on one playlist, songs like this and of "my" era of childhood on another, and Christmas joy on another. Thanks for the stress relief.

WOW, now that takes me back in time, I liked Neil Diamond too. Songs from my youth are important to me, even goofy ones like "We all live in a yellow submarine". On my myspace I have spiritually based songs on one playlist, songs like this and of "my" era of childhood on another, and Christmas joy on another. Thanks for the stress relief.

cool too bad your "Taken"
:agree:

Breaking bricks with my fists is my way to relief stress.
did you learn that in karate class
karate-062.gif

Thanks Joey

You sure are on the right track with that one Joey. That is a lot of what Speber discusses in the auditorium. He and I both believe that music like this can help with epilepsy or at least handle the stress it causes.

I have learned to use youtube as a stress relief. I just look up a song/artist I like such as this one. When it is over you tube automatically shows similar videos and I just sit back and play one after the other. Simply wandering around through the music wherever it takes me.

Works great for me.

Fan since ten..

i have something for you all to try. turn everything around you that makes noise off. and check out this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZGWQauQOAQ
:rock: I would listen to S & G in my room wondering why all my little friends loved the Supremes, early Beatles and other pops.

I was a folksy kid who understood.... "People talking without speaking". Discovered that just "hearing" my parents.

I believe Simon did all the writing. A true poet. My vinyl is gone (dating myself!) so thanks for the great listen. Also, got and felt "I am a rock. I am an Island". Sometimes, that feeling overcomes me. There is often great beauty in the writing of sadness. Where has your writing gone? You never make noise...Thanks, joey. Cinnabar

Last edited:
Yes!

You sure are on the right track with that one Joey. That is a lot of what Speber discusses in the auditorium. He and I both believe that music like this can help with epilepsy or at least handle the stress it causes.

I have learned to use youtube as a stress relief. I just look up a song/artist I like such as this one. When it is over you tube automatically shows similar videos and I just sit back and play one after the other. Simply wandering around through the music wherever it takes me.

Works great for me.
A great stress reliever. I think that's why, now, I'm drawn to alternative folk rock. It's meaningful and soothing, appealing to both my mind and body.

Something very "easing" I listen to on the radio Sunday evenings. Cool atmospheric music... "Echos" beginning at 6pm on 901.1 FM and running till 11pm. I don't know if you get the station up there but if you don't you might be able to YouTube it.

I'm such a technophobe :oops: I must learn how to use YouTube! I'm sure I can "get it" searching the web.

Last edited:
Great song. I relieve stress by playing my electric guitar. Now that is a great stress reliever when you can jam out and blow the house down. :roflmao: I also love to listen to soft rock on YouTube, especially if I am having a bad day.

Last edited:
My son finds music soothing as well. He plays guitar, not as often as he should : ) and listens to alot of different music.

For folks, without E, many times, music sets the mode. I love bob marley to just listen to. It just makes me relax and feel happy.

joan*

I love this song, I already have it on my ipod touch, great for chilling :woot:

My sons been taking out one of the dogs and walking a bit. He says it does make him feel better but he worries if he has an issue. I told him first no matter what the dog wouldnt leave him, he has his cell and hed be ok. He only goes around a few blocks. Were working on his confidence. But the walking has helped him "feel" better. He seems to laugh a little tiny bit more. Its a slow and steady porcess : ) Im hoping some day he semi as active as he used to be. I think that alone will make him feel better.

joan*

I also walk my dog! It IS a great stress buster. ANY bad issues for the day are totally cleared out of my mind.

Walking at a casual pace is OK at first. He should start out slowly and gradually build up a pace. The dog should sense his normal pace after a while. My border collie can walk pretty fast and is not car smart at all. She also pokes around a lot when there are interesting smells...usually stinky stuff.

Anyway, walking releases endorphins and does help stress a great deal. My seizures became and remained under excellent control after I got my border collie. She is also highly protective and would not leave my side.

I also enjoy photography and scrapbooking as well. Something about taking a great shot is soothing to me. I love when it all comes together and the picture looks great. I prefer nature, but I also love pictures of kids and animals. I take pictures of just about anything. I never go anywhere without my camera. I also make jewerly. Cheaper than buying it.

I also enjoying writing poetry. I have sold some to Blue Mountain Arts. It seems to be a way to get out my frustrations. My guitar teacher wants to try and put some of my poetry to music. Sounds like fun to me. I figure I might as well do the things I love since I never know when the next seizure will hit me.

Interests...

I also enjoy photography and scrapbooking as well. Something about taking a great shot is soothing to me. I love when it all comes together and the picture looks great. I prefer nature, but I also love pictures of kids and animals. I take pictures of just about anything. I never go anywhere without my camera. I also make jewerly. Cheaper than buying it.

I also enjoying writing poetry. I have sold some to Blue Mountain Arts. It seems to be a way to get out my frustrations. My guitar teacher wants to try and put some of my poetry to music. Sounds like fun to me. I figure I might as well do the things I love since I never know when the next seizure will hit me.
I also love to write poety and prose. A few of my poems have been published, one by Orange Street Press - a publishing house you may be interested in exploring. When I first came to CWE I began "The Creative Writing Page". Go check it out and see if you'd be interested in posting any of your poems there. How to get there > Go to your Control Panel. On the left side click Social Groups which will bring you to Member Groups. You'll find us there. Hope to share and explore works with a fellow writer! Writing is very cathardic...you'll find that many members "let it all hang out".

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll do that. I just wrote a poem for a friend of mine who has been having some difficulty. Maybe I will post that poem there.

Thanks again. :woot:

cool.

When my mom makes chicken, she seasons it with parsely, sage, rosemary, and thyme.

Back
Top Bottom