SUDEP Action's fundraiser for the Wearable Apnoea Detection Device

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
I don't normally allow fundraising solicitations here at CWE, but the folks at SUDEP Action (a registered non-profit in the UK) reached out to me and this seems like a really worthwhile cause, so I'm giving them a hand.

A lethal seizure often happens when someone is asleep and often the seizure is not noticed by others.

Professor John Duncan of UCL Institute of Neurology has created a device that sounds an alarm when someone stops breathing. The device has already proved to be successful when tested on people with sleep apnoea. We need to raise £165,000 so that the device can be tested on 50 people with epilepsy attending the Video EEG Unit at the UCH. So far we have raised roughly £148,000 of the £165,000 needed for these tests to be performed. We urgently need the rest.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/charity/sudepaction/wadd2

I just added a banner for SUDEP Action to the rotation so you might start seeing it in the upper right corner of the page occassionally. :)

Back
Top Bottom