Support epilepsy dissertation research, please.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Channing

New
Reaction score
Hello Forum Members -

As a person living with epilepsy since the age of 15, I am working on an epilepsy-related dissertation research project to complete a degree in clinical psychology. Please take a moment to read the information below and consider if you will be able to participate in this research project. I am very appreciative of your support in helping move epilepsy research forward. - Channing

Do you have epilepsy?
Are you between the ages of 18-30?

If you answered YES to both questions, then you may be eligible to participate in a research project.

The purpose of this study is to evaluate the relationships between epilepsy, psychological development and health, and epilepsy-related self-management. The survey will take approximately 20-25 minutes and must be completed online. Although you will receive no direct benefit, your participation will help us learn more about people who live with epilepsy, which will potentially benefit care providers and people with epilepsy. If you choose to participate, you may also choose to register for a prize after completion of the survey to be drawn at random (two (2) $25 prizes or one (1) $50 prize).

All research data will remain confidential as no identifying information, such as names, locations, email or Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, will be collected.

If you are interested in participating, please visit the survey website:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/epilepsydissertation

This study is being conducted as dissertation research by Channing Harris, a doctoral candidate in the School of Psychology at Fielding Graduate University, 2020 De la Vina Street, Santa Barbara, California 93105-3814. The study is under the supervision of Joan Read, Ph.D., faculty member and Director of Clinical Training at Fielding Graduate University.

If you’d like more information, contact me via PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks -

I still need 276 more people to take my survey. If you are unable to take the survey, please pass the information along to someone who can. I appreciate everyone who has taken it so far, your support is invaluable. :)

Thanks,
Channing

I don't qualify because of age but I want to congratulate you for working on your doctorate. I am working on mine as well. Mine is in education.

Good Luck!

Hey Channing, i've just filled out your survey. Best wishes with your dissertation!

Hey Channing, filled out your survey mate. Keepwell and keep on keeping on lol, or what ever the yanks say.

Hi all -

The project (above) is still ongoing and I really need as many people as possible to take the survey within the next month or two. Otherwise I may have to shut it down. If you're able to take the survey, great! If not, please feel free to pass the information on to others who may be willing to participate. I very much appreciate your help and please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Very appreciatively,

Channing

Hi everyone -

Thanks to all who have participated thus far. I recently increased the age range from 18-30 to 18-40. If you're able to participate, please do so. Feel free to pass this info along. The link is the same as above.

Appreciatively,
Channing

Hello Forum Members - Although you will receive no direct benefit, your participation will help us learn more about people who live with epilepsy, which will potentially benefit care providers and people with epilepsy.

Channing, are more persons involved in the research besides you? The reason I ask is that I see that "your participation will help us."

I am 71 years old, so I do not qualify. Just curious.

Also, :bump:

Hi Ruth -

On this project, I am solely responsible. I meant the "us" to refer to both epilepsy researchers and the larger community of people with epilepsy. I was thinking that completing the project will give something that other researchers can use to build their own project and the community of people with epilepsy will benefit by having a more accurate model.

Hope my response helps quell your curiosity!

Best,
Channing

Hi everyone -

Thanks to all who have participated thus far. I recently increased the age range from 18-30 to 18-40. If you're able to participate, please do so. Feel free to pass this info along. The link is the same as above.

Appreciatively,
Channing

I am 71 so I am not in the age range, otherwise I would participate. I understand that you have to have a certain age range.

I hope you do get the amount of people you need. You will probably need to go to epilepsy.com and see if some of their members are willing to participate. Go to as many epilepsy websites as you can go to.

I know one person who I believe would be willing: http://www.epilepsytalk.com Her name is Phylis. She is also in the forum here. She does a lot of research and would probably be willing to help you out.

Take care, :e:

Back
Top Bottom