sz's increasing for know reason

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Here I go again, I went little over a month seizure free.

I had 5 sz's betwwen8-10 of July and didn't have another one until I had 3 on the 13th of August and 1 on the 16th:agree::e:

I'm sorry too for your seizures. I read your profile and it seems difficult for you to live with, have you ever tried the ketogenic diet or modified apkins diet and perhaps neurofeedback? I'm just wondering how those would work.

I tried the modified atkins diet and I have bradycardia and irregular heart beatbeat(afib) the diet caused me to have a ministroke (tia.)
I don't care to blow up like a ball:e::soap: with the ketogenic diet.

Last edited:
Hi, I am sorry to hear that you are having more seizures.

Have you tried the Glycemic Index Diet? It is working for me. The ketogenic diet did not work for me either. I never tried the Modified Atkins Diet.

Get well soon. I do agree with you that there is a correlation between diet and our E.

Is there anything going on in your life right now that could be triggering your seizures? Stress is my number one trigger.

On average I have about 7 seizures a month. When my grandma passed away I had at least twice as many, possibly more, that month. Even the next month I had more than usual. When my neurologist saw that I'd had that many he was very worried until I told him what was going on. He knew that the stress from my grandma passing away was probably what was causing it.

Once the stress/depression came down from that I started having my normal number of seizures a month.

vaeried,

There isn't anything out of the norm going on right now.I had another simple partial seizure earlier and my husband said it laster 5 minutes unlike the 90 seconds of the first one I had today.:e:

Belinda, during the five minutes did you have separate seizures or just one.

When your seizures are lasting longer than usual, you should call the doctor Monday.

I know you will get better, soon. Keep in touch with us and keep us updated.

Ruth,
I just had one seizure with that one.Today I've had 4 seizure and two were 5 minutes one was 4 1/2 and my husband lost count on one.

Last edited:
Belinda,

Tomorrow, you had better call your doctor.

If you keep on having those long seizures today, you should go to the E/R. Do you have any Ativan at home that you can take?

Ativan was used at the docs office Fridaywhen I went into 3rd seizure.

I've never had ativan, and I have an appointment with my neuro tomorrow my dh is taken off early from work to take me, since I had 4 sz's today.

Belinda, is there anyway your DH can stay home from work?

Ruth,I don't plan on going anywere today and my husband has to go to work.

I'm just having sp's not tonic clonics which I had 4 of yesterday while my I was with my husband.

Okay, what is a simple partial? I have not gotten the hang of the new lingo with epilepsy terms.

They are still lasting too long. Let me know what the doctor says. :hugs:

a simple partial with me is were I can see and here everything going on around me and I can see myself seizing and I can't stop it.

I looked it up and you can see and hear everything going on. It lasts no longer than 2 minutes. That is from http://www.epilepsy.comepilepsy.com.

But yours are lasting 5 minutes, so it must be something more going on than that.

Ruth,
He didn't see me go into the post ictal phase and that's what determined it for him I believe and I don't always go into post ictal phase.:noevil:

Then call him up and tell him that you had the post-ictal part. Call him up right now!! Or a few hours from now. Whatever time lapse is between California and Atlanta.

I love you, and think of your Darling Husband (DH).

Back
Top Bottom