Teachers...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

hawke86

New
Reaction score
Teachers today don't care about teaching and helping students with special needs. They just took the job for an easy to get paycheck. They're not like the teachers of the past that cared for their students. Their is probally only a few if any that care today.

I don't know that they all don't care..some don't I agree..but some genuinely do. My daughter's Math teacher was awesome. We didn't understand her system early in the school yr. and she was literally failing. It is the end of the yr. and she has the highest grade in the class with 101 pts. It was all because she cares about her students and took so much time with her. I guess we can't generalize about "all' or most. We have had some real loser teachers, but also some super ones too.

Rebecca has some incredible teachers.
They deserve extra kudos, that is for sure.

I know a teacher that specializes in teaching Deaf students. She has a heart of gold and cares a great deal.

Are you currently in school Hawke86?

It's like Dr.s or anything else. It has to be your passion. I have worked with special ed teachers that were so organized , but that is about all you could say. That's all the district could say. The more unorganized they were the more paras needed to help with paper work to because they were to involved with the kids. passion.Teresa

Teachers are like any other profession. Some are great and some should find a different career. They are as different as society in general.

I had some teachers that I still despise 30-40 years later. However, I also had some that I still know very well today and am glad to call friends.

About the only career where you will find 100% good people is Accounting.

*chuckle* I would disagree, but then I'm slightly biased, as I am a teacher. :) Teaching is not the "easy paycheck" that a lot of people think. But then again, I've met people in my profession that I thought were completely incompetent. So, I know that just like any other profession, in teaching we the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I'm becomming a teacher. Hopefully an awesome one your child will remember. But I know about the good the bad and the ugly. lol I respect the teachers and they do not get paid what they deserve.

Back
Top Bottom