The hoarseness continues

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
It's been three weeks now since this hoarseness began and it almost seems out of the blue. Doctor says it's the Acid Reflux and my vocal cords are swollen. My voice gets better when I've stopped talking for awhile but gets worse again when I start talking, especially at work.

I read that as long as the acid reflux isn't under control, it will be a problem and I've only experienced heartburn 2 times in six months so don't know why this suddenly happened. How do you get swollen vocal cords to go down. Although the hoarseness continues, I think it might have improved a little. Since there are no lesions or tumors, I'm assuming it's not permanent damage & will probably just take time.

Back
Top Bottom