The path of most resistance

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I created a little photo/video montage a few years ago of my journey with seizures. I found it therapeutic recently to work on it again and bring it up to date.

There is music, so check your volume first if you're at work! :comp: Might also produce a few tears, my son couldn't even hold them back...
Thanks! :)
[ame="http://vimeo.com/53514334"]http://vimeo.com/53514334[/ame]

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this -- it's great that you've been able to stay positive through it all, and make so many wonderful changes in your life. I hope you can return to being seizure-free soon. Best wishes to you and your family.

this is simply fantastic and inspiring! thank u so much for sharing...

yes, lump in throat and a little tear, but a feeling of joy in heart too!

Thank you Chaz1! I added that comment about the tears, because a friend of mine called me shortly after watching it, at work, to inform me that her speakers were apparently turned up really high, and that she was hiding her face behind her monitor to hide her red, swollen eyes from co-workers. Have a great weekend :)

Might produce a few tears? Oh. My. God.
For a girl that's going in for surgery soon this produced a ton, sitting here bawling.
Thank you Mel, amazing video, I know I'll be watching that one or 10 more times.

Wow what a fighter,even when her epilepsy came back,fair play to her! Thank you qtown for pointing this out,and off course 2ndchances for posting.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this--very encouraging and a great reminder to not take anything for granted! Looking for the silver lining is great therapy. =)

Might produce a few tears? Oh. My. God.
For a girl that's going in for surgery soon this produced a ton, sitting here bawling.
Thank you Mel, amazing video, I know I'll be watching that one or 10 more times.

Thank you everyone, you've made my heart smile!!

Looks like I'm headed in for surgery soon too (again), qtowngirl, having completed the video EEG just before Christmas (and since posting the video), so let's hold onto the hope, right?

Thank you everyone, you've made my heart smile!!

Looks like I'm headed in for surgery soon too (again), qtowngirl, having completed the video EEG just before Christmas (and since posting the video), so let's hold onto the hope, right?

Okay you and me girl!!!! :cheers:

Do you have a date yet? They said mine would be in a few months, and the surgeon is going to call this week to go over all the finalities, answer questions, talk dates and what works for both of us. All my pre-surgery stuff is done and they said I don't need the WADA... so I basically show up in the morning, put on the nightie and get on the table. GULP.

I am a small boy to probably talk about you, but that was amazing, i never would have fought back that much, for living a peaceful life again. Very inspiring, you'll be someone I'll always look up to. Thanks :)

Okay you and me girl!!!! :cheers:

Do you have a date yet?

Sorry, forgot about this post! Not yet, qtowngirl. I meet with the surgeon on Mar 22, and will do my neuropsych test that same day while at the hospital. It'll make for a very long day... Date scheduled for you?

I am a small boy to probably talk about you, but that was amazing, i never would have fought back that much, for living a peaceful life again. Very inspiring, you'll be someone I'll always look up to. Thanks :)

Kevin, thank you so much, it means a lot! I read the following quote a few years ago:
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have" ~ Author Unknown

Maybe I'm just another example of its truth... but I suspect we all are!!

2ndchances, my heart has been touched by your words. I have a fifteen year old boy with epilepsy to and I have had surgeries. My seizures came back, I lost my memory, and I had an infection in my brain. But you now are my mentor. I go back in for vns in may. So I will be consulting with you mam.My heart really feels you. I know that sounds silly, but I am trying to get a life back to. Thank you. Teresa

My heart really feels you. I know that sounds silly, but I am trying to get a life back to. Thank you. Teresa

Not silly at all, Teresa! Sucks that we can relate to each other this way, but if it helps anyone, then I'm glad I put it out there! Thank you so much for your kind words!

Back
Top Bottom