The world has lost an icon: RIP Prince

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dutch mom

Ketogenic Smile
Reaction score
All doves cry.

All the world cries purple rain.

Nothing compares to him, he was such an authentic genius.

May he rest in peace.

May we and many generations after us remember him by listening and singing to the many unique songs he left us.

Last edited:
Thank you - he was very important to me in my college years.

And he had epilepsy, at least as a child!

From January until now lemmi DB Prince was listening lastnight he first rapper
RIP

I had no idea he had epilepsy!

He told about it in an interview:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ld-rare-interview-angel-told-article-1.365280
Pop icon Prince revealed a childhood struggle with epilepsy during a rare, soul-bearing interview.

"I've never spoken about this before, but I was born epileptic," the Grammy winning singer said on the PBS show Tavis Smiley. "I used to have seizures when I was young. And my mother and father didn't know what to do or how to handle it but they did the best they could with what little they had."

I wasn't into his style of music, a little "far out" for me. But he was a great one-of-a kind!

He did some songs I liked Purple rain ,red chevet
Doing bit of early rapping in fish nets and suspenders apparently straight men found it sexy.

Here is my tribute Poem for Prince:

Gonna Rain

With cheerful tulips and sunny skies
April could shower us with surprise,
a new season, full of raindrops,
colorful, plentiful, at the top,
Prince filled his restless soul
with more than plain ole rock-n-roll,
April will shower "Purple Rain"
until we all meet again.

Saw the great Sign O' The Times concert movie (1987) tonight on tv, followed by the Purple Rain movie which is on now. Never been a real fan but I sure can appreciate His Royal Purpleness' authenticity and many of his great songs. Saw him perform live on the North Sea Jazz festival in The Hague in 2011, I was impressed.

Epilepsy is all i really knew about Prince. RIP brother, hope i make it til your age.

Back
Top Bottom