This thread may be monitored for Quality Control.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

C0urt

Veteran
Reaction score
Since my insurance was terminated earlier this month, I figured I would make a day of spending the day on hold. Near the end of my run I decided I hadn't taken enough verbal abuse, so I called disability to get a status report on my application.

The last time I called my application was still under review, they also sent me more paperwork to fill out.

(oddly enough part of that paper work was sent to my father. he actually said that he would not fill out the paper work "a third party questionnaire," because he felt like it was my responsibility and he would not always be there to help me. Since I am not a third party, it seemed like I was not the one to fill it out.

Today my phone call included the words, "it was under review by quality control." She told me, me the details of my last claim and how far it made it and how many times it was denied. My current claim was being compared to my others by supervisors to see why they were all denied and if anything was different this time. It would take a little longer than they thought. That kinda makes me curious if this one had made it any further, and if so how much. But it also bothers me since now I know they are just looking for something to say no about.

Part of my issue with my claim I am sure. Is the fact my claims were filed from Alabama and California. I moved because my mother near drove herself into bankruptcy trying to care to pay for medicine and feed me those first few months after my coma.

I can't get angry with her, or raise my voice at the woman on the other end of the line. She was just reading the letters on her screen. I have watched them at work in person. They get yelled at most of the day, for reasons that have little to do with them. I couldn't do much more than say thank you, and that I would talk to her later.

The perks of bureaucracy is odds are, I would never hear her voice again, and even better odds, she would never hear mine again.

Back
Top Bottom