Thyroid scan

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Heavy Kevy

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hello
I had my Thyroid removed about 8 years ago. It was cancerous but it was successfully removed and treated. I do take thyroid pills with my seizure medications. I’ve had blood work and scans done many times after the surgery. Everything has continued to be good. My thyroid dr is recommending a full body scan. I’d need to be on a low iodine diet for a couple weeks. I’ll also be having a thyroid ultrasound. I will be in touch with my neurologist beforehand.
I struggle to gain weight. My seizures have been less frequent than they’ve been in years. Stress is a big trigger for me.
Preventive measures. 🙄

Hi Heavy Kevy,

I just went through the ultra sound testing a couple of months ago and my Dr. is keeping watch on my thyroid also.
I found that just trying to keep myself busy so I don't have time to think about what is going on or what is going to happen
and that helps lower the stress a lot for me. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Thanks for your response. 😊
I know I need to keep an eye on it and get all the testing done. Just gets frustrating when my seizures happen and I feel like I have enough health issues to worry about. Never mind looking for new ones.
Thanks again

Had my ultrasound today. In a week I’ll be on a low iodine diet for 10 days. Then injected with some kind of nuclear fluid for a full body scan.
I got this 👍
Inspiration, move me brightly
light the song with sense and color
Hold away despair

-Jerry Garcia

Hope it all goes well. Out of curiosity -- what foods do you have to avoid for the diet?

Thanks
Finally got around to reviewing the diet. Here’s a general list of what needs to be avoided. I use a bread maker so that helps.
AVOID:
Dairy
Fish
Anything commercially made like breads and crackers, nothing canned or frozen.
Lunch meat
Fast food
I can have my black coffee pb&j’s on home made bread and fruit. Completely doable for 10 days. 👍

Survived the diet and everything looked good!
Enjoyed a milkshake and 🍟 with my daughter after the test. 😁
Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom