Time change - Problems with disruptions to sleep patterns

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Old article but so so helpful.

Yes, this is a good discussion thread IMO.

... I physically cannot go to sleep before 4 am and sometimes later. This presents a huge problem because I can tell im not sleeping very well at all. I literally feel a huge reason my seizures are so bad now is that my internal clock is all whacked out. ...

Have you tried any of the insomnia tips from the link I posted earlier?

When I travel to the other side of the world (once in a while for consulting work), I have to "re-program" my internal clock to the new time zone. It isn't "natural", but it can be done.

My advice is to make the room as dark as possible when you attempt to go to sleep. Try the progressive relaxation technique.

Back
Top Bottom