time change

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm still not ready for the time change. Time changes make me tired. It's bad enough we have to deal with our medicine making us tired. We have to deal with time change. What's the reason for time change? Why can't we just keep it the same all year. That would be easier.

I'm still not ready for the time change. Time changes make me tired. It's bad enough we have to deal with our medicine making us tired. We have to deal with time change. What's the reason for time change? Why can't we just keep it the same all year. That would be easier.

Actually the truth behind the time change was
for the benefit for the farmers - the extra daylight
gave them the opportunity to work and enable more
harvesting (same applied to those ranchers).

However, it also benefited the Corporation &
Power efficiency (later on) - and then even more
so for driving (safety factors - safer to drive in
daylight).

But the US Government has changed the laws
recently so that the Standard Time now is short
instead of the traditional time as it were before,
so the Daylight Savings Time will return sooner
before you know it. It's not going to do any good
to use the Daylight Savings Time in the middle of
Winter (Winter Solace) when we reach the darkest
hour on this end of the planet, so Scientists had
come up with a "time frame" from what I understood
and read from the newspapers and media - of the
best time for the Standard time to resume for that
short period of time span, and Daylight Savings will
be the longest used time span throughout the months
(9 months out of the 12 months of the year).

So that's a pretty good adjustment there!

Some States do not recognize Daylight Savings Time
at all - and sticks to the Standard Time Zone permanently.
Daylight Savings Time is an optional "feature", many
States adopt it and uses it.

But for "us" - residing in the "Tropic Zone", we are
die-hard Daylight Savings fans, Standard Time Zone
knocks us out big time. Since in the "summer" the mid-day
can be pretty humid and hot here so this leaves Mornings
and Evenings the time for us to work (unless Thunderstorms
decides to get in our way), but that's life in the Tropics!

:)

PS: You can always throw the clock out the window into the garbage can!

:roflmao:

How many people forgot to set their clocks back 1 hour? How many people showed up at church an hour early and found the doors were locked? Just wondering.

How many people forgot to set their clocks back 1 hour? How many people showed up at church an hour early and found the doors were locked? Just wondering.

Hawke,
Look at my earlier post in this thread ;) But I didn't do it this year though!

As a rural resident, I have seen very little information to back up the creation of daylight savings time for the farmer (sorry brain). It is more of an urban creation.

Farmers still have the same QUANTITY of hours to farm, no matter what time the clock says it is. In fact, dairy farmers hate it because the dairy cows do not adjust to our artificial time. Any farmer who went out an hour later to milk yesterday will attest to you that the cows were not very happy about it.

Anymore, farming is done 24/7, so the sun going down never impacts the farmer in the field.

Remember days and years are measurements supported by physical / astronomical reality. Hours, minutes, and seconds are man-made creations.

:soap:

The logic we (Britain) had for the clock changing, was due to kids having to go to school in the dark....lighter mornings for 'em when you change the clock.

But, maybe that's another load of garbage ?

I'm still not adjusted to the time change yet. I end up waking up at 4am. When I'm use to waking up at 5am. I think they just do this time change to confuse and make everyone mad.

Back
Top Bottom