to me and mel.... :)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
is this a way to celebrate each other and our milestones or WHAT?! :woot:

i am coming up on 100 days SEIZURE-FREE and mel (2ndchances) is about to hit 200....... we've supported each other through brain surgery for almost one year and these are big dates for both of us.
one week from today we're going to meet!!!!!!! flights and hotel are booked, plans are made, and next friday we'll be standing in a beautiful hotel, together for the first time. omg i arrive 5 hours before her i'm going to bust at the seams waiting!! she'll knock on our hotel room door and i don't think after life will ever quite be the same.
it is 'beginning of christmas weekend' in edmonton (her coming from ontario, me from bc) and this is a pic of what we'll be doing... one of the largest christmas trees in canada and bands, food, face painting, fireworks...... memorable weekend to say the least.

and this is completely due to cwe, without this site our paths would never have crossed. THANK YOU BERNARD and everyone else who's been part of our journey...... we can't say enough how special this 'home' is.
love you mel, and can't $^@$&%^% wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2cy332u.jpg

Very well put, qtowngirl! :) Thankfully this all unfolded within the last 24 hours, and we only have to wait one week!! :woot: What a celebration this will be!
:hugs:

How cool is that!!!! I'm really happy for you both. In all the various forums I've been a member of I have never met any of the other members in person. I would love to be able to do that sometime. Congratulations to you both for your seizure-free milestones and for the chance to meet each other! We will be expecting a report and pictures! :)

Qtown & Mel,
Congrats to both of you for reaching the milestones :).

I can understand the friendship you both have & know you will always have a special bond.
I also go on an Australian epilepsy forum & have formed friendships with 3 people on that forum who have also had surgery. I have met 2 of those people, 1 who had surgery on her right temporal lobe at the same hospital as me (her surgery was 6 months after mine), we met twice & both times were when we were at the hospitals epilepsy clinic on the same day for follow up appts.

The other lady lives in the same city where I had my surgery & she also had surgery on her left temporal lobe (4 months after I had mine) but at another hospital. The 1st time I met her was 4 days after my surgery when she came to see me while I was in hospital & she said it was so good to meet me then because it helped her prepare herself for her surgery. We have caught up a couple of other times when I have been at the hospital for checkups & I went to visit her last year & spent a few days with her. She has told me that I am the only one she can talk to about the surgery & she is sure we will always have a special friendship because we have the epilepsy & surgery in common.

Have a great time next week girls, can't wait to hear all about it & hope to see pics aswell :)

Last edited:
now this is NICE!!!!!!

How wonderful for you 2 and SO well deserved.....

heartwarming is understatement...

Top one,this is superb,you just never round the corner.Remember have a drink for us!!!

thanks guys!!
hehe neil... oh i can imagine we'll have a sip or two ;) ;) ;)

What can one say, except congratulations and well do. Two very brave Ladies who deserve the best wishes of everybody and you have mine. Its good that you are going to meet just remember you have to be in bed by 10, no late nights, well ok just one but that is all. I really hope you have a good time together and you deserve congratulations and many more years to come as well.

I'm very happy for you. I hope you both have a fabulous time.

MAB, thank you!!
we're sure we will except it's going to be too short! over a glass of wine i can see us making plans for the spring (her 1-year month is april) and summer (mine is august). *smile* so stoked!!

and liam... you just may be right on the 10pm order, we are sharing a bed after all :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

qtowngirl

I believe yourself and 2ndchances are fabulous and brave, I hope you have a great time when you finally meet. But this thing of a glass of wine - not to sure about that, sharing a bed is ok only if it is king size, but the 10 pm order stands. If you meet on Monday you have to be in bed by 10pm Tuesday. :roflmao: Hope you enjoy yourselves a lot.

oh liam, you're so cute ;)
we're girls. we're okay with sharing wine, in the same bed, until whatever time we feel like. a rare wknd for both of us, no men or work or kids. we're meeting friday and (haha hugs!) will do our best on the 10pm. however.............. :roflmao:

Have a super time and try not to get into trouble! I expect we'll be reading about you two in the Edmonton Journal the next day.... May be the first of many such anniversary celebrations. :)

edmonton journal...... hahahahaha nak you always make me laugh. thank you and yes, we'll try not to get into trouble.
or not :ponder: watch out everyone we're seizure-free and coming thru!!!!!!!!
4 more sleeps!!!

*tears*

oh mel i can't believe it's only one more sleep!!!!!
now we're on days 102 and 205 (the day we meet is 103 and 206... exactly double). weirddddd!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot: girl i can't wait to try that cabernet tea!!

Y'know, with a little more heads-up we could have scheduled the traveling CWE orgy next door. Though it's probably a tad chilly for the naked croquet...

We're here, bottle of wine is almost done, and we're still gabbing. And as far as that naked croquet...

Girls be good now, one bottle at a time is enough. Now remember bedtime, early to bed early to rise.

Rock n Rolla!!!! Either off you two been arrested yet??? Don't be good and have plenty off devilment!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom