to me and mel.... :)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

well well folks we're back. two things sum this trip up really...
-everything that could have gone wrong did, which was all out of our hands
-as strong women post brain-surgery we made the best of it

we did have a number of glasses of wine, talked for hours, went out for nice meals, went (unplanned) to see west edmonton mall for the first time OMG SO FUN, opened unexpected gifts, said 'screw it' to our healthy eating lifestyles one afternoon and shared a HUGE plate of nachos (oh so yummy), and chocolates, and pizza haha, and had pictures taken of us (the coolest being one in a photobooth in the mall, drawn by rembrandt, is gorgeous ;)).

mel if you remember anything else good to add go for it girl, but lol :eek: we're pretty sure that's our weekend. and friends no worries... no seizures for both of us.

and :roflmao: neil....... probably could have but instead decided to get someone fired.....

Last edited:
and debit machines.................
and weather..........................
and flight delays.....................
and trying to keep our *#&Y#$^ menus on the table!............. :roflmao:

Also,
-setting someone straight about Katy Perry
-coming so close to thinking we'd cross something off our bucket list
-difference between limes and lemons
-popping balloons!

-left in an alley in downtown edmonton with no idea where we were (badddd cabbie)
-lack of any roads or sidewalks being plowed, most with glare ice underneath (aka falling down on the road)
-useless front-desk hotel girl
-running to a place closed at 4 that had the ability of ruining the trip... :crying: but did get there at 3:58

-sending hotel staff back to get us more coffee, again ;)
-the amazement when one of the nicer cabbies found out that we'd BOTH had brain surgery!

yes, the niceties.

-finding a HIGH-end woman's fashion store in the mall called after me... 'Natasha's Passion'! haha, except my passion does not include $3,000 dresses!!!
-the hotel guy the morning we left... (and mel says it was his way of saying 'f you')... housekeeping never replenished our coffee the night before so i call front desk to bring some up. they don't bring up what they're supposed to.
me: 'can you please bring us what actually goes with the coffee maker, we're getting ready to fly out this morning and need coffee!'
his sassy answer: 'i'll see what i can do.' ....for coffee? what, is the hotel out?
two seconds later he shows up with three handfuls of it :roflmao: thanks buddy we each had one and now i have a shitload of keurigs for my maker at home!!!!!

Last edited:
Well, Well, the nearly arrested come home. I am so glad you and mel enjoyed yourselves and of course you keep the curfew during all this, I hope. Hope you raised a glass and said s&#it this is good. Be good Lady's.

Well, Well, the nearly arrested come home. I am so glad you and mel enjoyed yourselves and of course you keep the curfew during all this, I hope. Hope you raised a glass and said s&#it this is good. Be good Lady's.

yes we did.
yes we did, and curfew wasn't too bad
yes we did.
yes, good ladies we are ;)

I knew I could rely on you both to be very good.

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm sure I was not the only one who was there with you in spirit! :)

Mel & QTown,
Great to hear you had a good weekend :)

Hooray for the all superfun things you got to do together. As for the bad things -- those were just tests to evaluate the effects of stress on your new-and-improved brains... And you both passed!

well put nak (as you always do)... never quite thought of it that way.
:hugs:

Back
Top Bottom