Top 10 Reasons to Eat Brussels Sprouts

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

brain

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Top 10 Reasons to Eat Brussels Sprouts

10. You do not know anyone named Brussels

9. They are easier to eat than putting on a wet suit at the bottom of swimming pool

8. Only smart people eat Brussels sprouts

7. You will be the talk of the dinner party, cuz you are the only one there who loves Brussels sprouts

6. Tastes better than anything eaten on "Fear Factor"

5. It is the only B.S. you can put up with

4. If you are a kid, your parents will let you play more X-Box

3. Ken Jennings, the guy who won all that money on Jeopardy, he loves Brussels sprouts

2. It is the only sprout that's never been linked to some food borne illness like salmonella

1. You can bet your friends you can eat 10 heads of cabbage...in less than 60 seconds, and win!

:woot: :woot: :woot:

:roflmao:

Oi Brain !!....I hope you're not trying to steal my joke crown ? :pfft:

One thing for sure - I'll never be on that Brussel Sprout 'claim to fame' list.....if there's anything I fail on diet-wise, it's not enjoying my greens. But hey, that's what multi-vitamins are there for, right ? :D

Hey!!!!!!!

I love Brussel Sprouts!

They :rock:!!!!!!!

We're addicts in this family!

:pfft: :pfft: :pfft:

Fresh brussel sprouts are really nice.

The ones they sell in our local supermarkets are not fresh enough though and always taste bitter.

Fresh brussel sprouts are great steamed, you can always add a tiny bit of butter to fix the bitterness.

More BS about BS

Love of broccoli begins in womb

WOMEN can give their children a lifelong taste for “healthy but horrible” foods such as broccoli and brussels sprouts simply by eating them during pregnancy or while breast-feeding, researchers have found.

The discovery could help avoid the battles over food and diet which dominate the dinner tables of many young families as parents try to persuade children to “eat your veg”.

It suggests that mothers should adopt a stealth approach, indoctrinating their offspring’s taste buds with a liking for cabbage, broccoli and other healthy vegetables even before they are born, say the researchers......

I love Broccoli, beans, spinach, squash but those BS are just awful tasting no matter HOW they are prepared!
4a73c07e.gif

Brussel sprouts have never been linked to food born illnesses (reason 2 above) because even the germs won't go near it!!! ewwwww

Brussel sprouts have never been linked to food born illnesses (reason 2 above) because even the germs won't go near it!!! ewwwww

:ponder:

You have a valid point there!

Scientists! Take Special Heed to this notation!

My mom just told me they were little lettuce heads. I was fascinated with that fact. Doesn't take much to amuse me!

my kids & I love Brussel sprouts mmmmmmmm yummy!! they like all veggies... they also really like steamed cabbage :) my husband on the other hand im just starting to get him to eat more veggies other than corn..... yuck, CORN is just about the only veggie he likes......

love angel

I think I'd rather eat the inside of a pair of dirty sneakers than to eat BS!

It's not for lack of trying. They just taste awful to me. And every few years I'll even put a BS in my mouth just to see if I will like them.

PPPFFFFTTT! :razz2:

I'm with you, Birdbomb!!!!! I'll eat broccoli, beans, spinach, squash.....and MAYBE even dirty sneakers before I'd eat BS!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

Other things to do with Brussel Sprouts (TOP 10)

10) You can make miniature Brussel Sproutmen in lieu of snowmen

9) You can always peel the leaves off and serve them as an exotic dinner
vegetable with cheese sauce and call them some fancy French name that
they cannot understand

8 ) You can juggle with them

7) They're perfect for sling-shots (not recommended)

6) You can stuff them inside of balloons and fill
with water and use for water balloon fights (not
recommended either)

5) Freeze, then roll down one's shirt, except your
boss (unless you're quitting) or your spouse (unless
you plan to be an ex)

4) Roll a bag full of mushy thawed out Brussel
Sprouts on a popular side walk and watch people
walk, ride, and especially those with dogs at a
park

3) Put one in each ear and ask someone if there's
something growing out of your ears because you
can't hear very well today

2) Cut very small Brussel Sprout in half and freeze
in ice cube tray and use as a garnish in a party,
especially in the punch bowl

1) Grind Brussel Sprouts finely and mix in cake batter
on March 17th when you make your Green Irish Cake
you'll receive nothing but compliments! When asked
for the recipe, wait a week before giving it out, lest
they puke

brain ?....have you been OD'ing on the medication again ?? :pfft:

Hmmm?...I don't think so TeeTees........

brain ?....have you been OD'ing on the medication again ?? :pfft:

Maybe she's been eating REALLY BIG brussel sprouts!

:pfft:

Back
Top Bottom