Traveling internationally with medications

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

resaebiunne

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hello all,

I may have an opportunity to travel to a remote field station in the Peruvian Amazon to perform field work on a scientific expedition. It is a bit last minute news, as I am just now finding out that I might be able to go.

Anyway, as you can see from my signature I am on a number of medications for seizures and my mental illness. I need to find out if it will be legal for me to travel with these medications into Peru. Is there anyone here who knows of any resources where I might be able to find this information?

I assume I would be able to call the travel insurance agency and ask them when I find out who they are.

Hi resaebiunne,

I've never been to Peru but I have flown internationally several times with all my meds. In addition to E, I also have Type 1 Diabetes, so I had to take my insulin AND my needles, etc along. All I needed was a note from my endocrinologist saying these were legitimate prescriptions and I needed them with me at all times.

So a note from your neurologist should suffice. I'm sure all meds that are prescribed are also legal in Peru.

Check out this website:
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/chronic/peru?s_cid=ncezid-dgmq-travel-single-001

Back
Top Bottom