Utah's Artilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
The UT epilepsy association is opening its second annual Artilepsy exhibit next month: "an exhibition of original artwork, photography and home crafts by people of all ages living with Epilepsy". I wonder if something like it is hosted anywhere else? I loved it last year - my doctor told me all about it and recommended I submit some of my art and I ended up winning 1st place in creative arts. I didn't know there would be awards, it was fun to see the other artsy pieces and to meet other people. Last week I submitted works for this year's event and I look forward to the whole thing again.

Beat of luck! Do post the pictures of ur work so that all of us can see and appreciate!
Shagun

Those are beautiful eggs! Im not in to much crafts except for the holiday projects with my kids and I LOVE those!

Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad you like them. It's nice to know that my work is appreciated. How many posts do I have to have to be able to post images?

The Artilepsy exhibit opening was last night and I won first place in Creative Arts again! Someone from a Salt Lake artsy company loves my work and offered me another place to sell them and I have a pending spot on the epilepsy association's board. I'm really excited to do more for epilepsy than paying for medication.

Congrats! That's great news.

wonderful news ! I am a bead embroidery artist, think that would interest them?

Congrats! I'm a photographer and I'm moving out to Utah in December! I hope the have this event again next year so I can enter and meet new friends! It sounds fun! :D

Hello, and welcome to Utah when you come here. I was invited to be a EAU board member at the exhibit last year, and I've been there for seven months now. I hold the position of the director of arts, and that means I'm in charge of the Artilepsy exhibits from now on. This year it will take place the entire month of November (just like the past 2 years) and it will be that way every year, pending on how the University of Utah treats us. I'm not concerned. We expect all entries to be here before October 15, as will be the way every year. I really like being an Epilepsy Association board member and look forward to viewing all of the entries in four months.

(sorry for this late response, I've been directing the EAU's Summer camp all week).

Entry forms will be available when we confirm the exact date of opening night with the University of Utah. Right now I can only assume it will be on the evening of November 2, followed by the EAU conference the afternoon of November 3 in the same place. Both events are on the agenda at the next board meeting. Thanks for your interest!

Back
Top Bottom