Varicose veins surgery today

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Loopy Lou

Veteran
Reaction score
So i trotted off to the hospital today to get those twisty leg veins o' mine sorted out. At 24 i was easily the youngest person there by.... ooh at least 20 odd years. Thanks for the genetics dad.

OW!!!!! When the surgeon said i'd need 20 injections in my legs i panicked a little. Then he said "Yes, i think around 20 in each leg should do it" and i nearly passed out lol.

Soooo here i am in my oh-so-sexy surgical support stockings, and a hell of a lot of bruises along with the incisions in my calves. I keep thinking every time i have a drink that it's going to leak out of me like a collander!

Anyone else had this done? I wasn't prepared for it being this ouchy afterwards!

Oh, Lou! THIS is what you meant by an "OP" (as referenced in the midnight club). It sounds terrible.

How do you feel? Do your legs hurt? Are you supposed to stay off your feet?

<<<<hugs>>>>

Yeah, supposed to relax for two days, and then I have to walk 3 miles a day lol. Or perhaps they just thought I could do with some exercise? Soooo I'm relaxing for today. Got seriously bruised legs now =\

20 injections?!? I hope you're feeling better today. I'm trying to walk 3 miles a day too, but can't quite manage it between the cold and the dark (and my laziness)...

Oh, owwwwwwww!

Just the IDEA of having 20 injections in my legs is enough to send me running.......AWAY!! You're a brave soul, Lou!

I probably would have run away if my knees weren't already numb by then, lol! Would have been funny to see me attempt it mind you.

I have a lovely line of red dots on each leg now. Like a very easy dot-to-dot haha. I don't know where they think I'm going to walk to in a town like this, in the dark and wet on my own, with two swollen knees :p maybe all the running around at work will count :)

My mom had that procedure done, and it sucked because her legs hurt so bad. But it looks better now. ;)

Well, here's hoping i'll be able to wear shorts and skirts this summer lol. Gonna be spending most of tomorrow with my feet up trying to make the swelling go down =/

That's what my mom had to do, but it took about two days for the swelling to go down.

Yeah, i haven't been doing the two days of resting thing like i was supposed to :ponder:

Oh well, i can relax tomorrow :D

Your so brave Lou, get some rest and just dream of warm summer days lolling around in shorts and frilly skirts. Take care.

Dear Lou !
I send you a warm and tight hug. Glad you feel halfway ok. You DO need to rest, Lou, it is important...I should know, I am a nurse, remember ! If we were not so far living apart, I would cook you a nice fresh chicken soup and MAKE you stay in bed and look propperly after you. Since I can't, consider yourself "told off", and listen to the Anni-Baby. She has your best interest at heart. GOT IT, GIRL ????? Good...now that's outta da way, do you like chicken soup ? hahahaha
love
anja x

Back
Top Bottom