VEEG - How long was your stay? (Video Electroencephalogram)

VEEG - How Long Was Your Stay? (Video Electroencephalogram)

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mel -

I think they can still tell if you have a seizure when you dont press the button. I was told that because the video EEG was running constantly it made it easier for them to find the seizure activity if you pressed the button.

I'm not sure about everywhere but the hospital I stayed at liked you to have a carer to keep an eye on you & press the button if you weren't able to.

When I had my Video EEG I sleep deprived myself during my monitoring, only sleeping approx 2 -3 hours per night. One time in the middle of the night I felt an aura come & thought I'd pressed the button. My Mum was asleep on a fold out bed next to me & I didnt want to disturb her so didnt tell her about the aura until she woke the next morning lol. I told the drs when they came in to see me the next day & they checked the video/eeg. The Video showed that I did take an aura & I was looking at the button but not pressing it lol.

I agree on this. Mine was over 10 years ago, and I sill remember feeling a seizure come on when the doctor was in the room and my mom saying he reminded her to press the button.

I went in on a Monday morning (I think) and was discharged on a Friday morning. They lowered but did not take me off my meds, and had me do one sleep-deprived night. Of course, being in a new bed, my first night was also self-sleep-deprived!:ponder:

Back
Top Bottom