Vent

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I hope it's okay to post this here, I just need to vent. :soap:

I am so annoyed with a coworker of mine, Jennifer. She always has some drama in her life that is so bad that she can't show up to work. This week another coworker, Christen, is on vacation so we are already short one person. Today she calls out because a friend of hers had an annyuerism while on a trip to New Zealand with her husband. :ponder:

Okay, so I can understand being upset by this news but what good exactly does sitting at home do? Especially when she KNOWS Christen is on vacation and I am here by myself. If it were a death that's one thing, if it were a family member that's another, if the friend had NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD I get it but she was on vacation with her husband for goodness sakes.

If she needed to take a personal phone call while she was here at work to find out the status of this friend, I would be fine with that. But we work in a call center in a hospital scheduling patients for outpatient procedures. Today it is freezing cold and snowing so on top of all the people calling us to schedule NEW appointments there are twice as many calling to cancel their appointments for today because they will not drive in these conditions.

I wish I had the guts to tell her how disgusted I am when she comes in tomorrow (IF she comes in tomorrow). I am surely not going to show her any sympathy.

Here I am suffering from the side effects of Keppra and I can hardly keep my head from falling down on my desk because I am so drowsy but I am still here.

I am on Keppra, so I know what you mean by struggling with the side-effects. I would be VERY annoyed too.

I have personally been in the hospital on vacation, and I know none of my friends felt the need to take off work to wait by the phone! lol.

And, like you said, you would have let them take a call at work. How extremely silly. Especially if she knew ya'll were short on people anyway.

I'm sure working in that office would be hectic anyway.. I have to pre-register for a surgery I'm having on January 9th and they said that the phone call is going to take 45 minutes. I'm sure it's no fun for either of us.

For what it's worth, I think it takes a very patient person to do your job.. I would get too frustrated, lol.

Wow, wonderdog - I understand your need to vent.... what a rotten coworker.
I can think of a couple ways to "get even" but I think if I printed them I'd get thrown out of this forum - lol lol lol.

I hope it's okay to post this here, I just need to vent. :soap:

I wish I had the guts to tell her how disgusted I am when she comes in tomorrow (IF she comes in tomorrow). I am surely not going to show her any sympathy.

PS:

If she DOES show up ... ask her how her day
was yesterday? And if she blabbers all the fun
she had ... tell her how you could barely stay
awake because of the meds.

I remember Keppra, even all the way up to
3000 mg daily. Oh I've not forgotten
Keppra ... Keppra and I would never have
been a great couple - that's why he's on
the allergy list.

Keppra put me into a state of psychosis!
I had no intention of being in competition
with Whacko Jacko (aka Michael Jackson).

Last edited:
PSSSSST? Nancy?

Wow, wonderdog - I understand your need to vent.... what a rotten coworker.
I can think of a couple ways to "get even" but I think if I printed them I'd get thrown out of this forum - lol lol lol.

Nancy - we don't have a forum jail,
but of course I have this:

JailCard.jpg

Thank you all. And then I got into a fight with my husband to make my day REALLY great. When it rains it pours.

That it does... sorry to hear it was a rotten one. Good thing, that tomorrow brings a fresh new one. I sure hope it is better.

What I have learned over the years... yes you could try talking to your coworker, and maybe something would sink in. However, people like that rarely "get" it. You might feel better though, if you can say it in a "non-keppra" tone.

Sometimes I wonder about Robin ....

:roflmao: @ Robin ...

And Robin is just a Caretaker and I
often have to remind myself that she
DOES NOT have Epilepsy!!

Sometimes from her postings I think
she DOES!

:lol:

I'm going to remember that one ...

"NON-KEPPRA TONE"

:roflmao:

Back