Verry cool!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My Uncle that recently passed away was a Victims' Advocate with the county sherrif's department. Next week the sherrif's department will be celebrating Victims' Rights Week and they will dedicate a plaque in my Uncle's honor and they will annouce a new annual Victims' Advocate of the Year award in my Uncle's name and each year there after someone will be awarded the Jim Graham Award in the Victims' Advocate program!

My Uncle would be very honored!

You should be very proud Kendra! That is quite an honor.

My guess is that your Uncle is one of those people who will never really be gone, because he has left his mark on some many of those around him. He lives on in them.

:cop:

You should be very proud Kendra! That is quite an honor.

My guess is that your Uncle is one of those people who will never really be gone, because he has left his mark on some many of those around him. He lives on in them.

:cop:

He was a wonderful man. We all just KNEW something would be named after him!

I am looking into what it takes to become a victims advocate myself. I am not sure I can handle it though... dealing with lots of death and trauma. I remember Uncle Jim talking about the tour of a morgue that was required as part of the training. Ugh.

We can all only strive to be so well liked\loved\remembered...

...that's awesome Kendra!

No limits on what we can be!

Kendra,

I never thought much about being a volunteer EMT, but when I was asked, I thought I would give it a try. 20 years later, I finally gave it up.

You would be surprised how strong you can be when you are doing it for others. I won't lie to you and say I never broke down after a tragic squad run. But, it also provided me with some of the most fulfilling moments of my life. It is impossible to describe the feeling seeing someone and knowing you had a hand in keeping them around a little longer.

It also taught me a lot about dealing with people in all kinds of situations.

Don't be afraid to chase your dreams.

:clap: Jim Graham :clap:

:clap: :woot: :clap:

That's awesome!

Back
Top Bottom