Vibrating Foot?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I just had the weirdest thing happen, I am sitting at the computer and suddenly my foot started vibrating like somene stuck a vibrating massager on my foot. Has anyone ever experience this in your foot or anywhere in your body? That was strange, read it can be a nerve thing

I had something similar to this happen a few years ago and went on for a few months.

It was usually an arm or leg that would start shaking very fast. It was just short movements back and forth. I didn't even know it was happening unless I looked and saw that my arm or leg was shaking.

At first it would happen alot and for long peirods of time, maybe an hour or two. Then it would happen a few times a day for shorter peirods of time, maybe 10 or 15 minutes. Then once every few days for even shorter peirods of time. Then just stopped.

I don't think it was seizure related because I wasn't having one when I was shaking. I don't think it had anything to do with the meds that I was on because none of them had been changed.

It happened between neuro visits so I couldn't show him what it was doing. I told him about it and he didn't seem to worried because it had stopped. He told me that if I did start doing it again to let him know.

Could be some sort of myoclonic jerk. My leg will randomly twitch sometimes for a few seconds and it has been summed down to myoclonic jerks or twitches.

Can feel tingling in different extremeties since started on keppra, think it slows everything, including circulation

When i was being weaned off of Keppra slowly last year, going down 250mgs each week... I started to get this tingling feeling in my hands and feet. It lasted the entire time I was on 2500mgs of Keppra. I went back, and they put me back to my original dose of 3000mgs. Once I went back to that dose, all that went away. I remember feeling like I had to stomp my feet all the time becuase it felt like it was always falling sleep! drove me nuts!

Can't afford a doctor who wants to wean off this keppra, I feel doctors around here are sared of an eppy.

When i was being weaned off of Keppra slowly last year, going down 250mgs each week... I started to get this tingling feeling in my hands and feet. It lasted the entire time I was on 2500mgs of Keppra. I went back, and they put me back to my original dose of 3000mgs. Once I went back to that dose, all that went away. I remember feeling like I had to stomp my feet all the time becuase it felt like it was always falling sleep! drove me nuts!

I've got a pinched nerve in my back and my right calf always feels like it's asleep. I've sort of got used to it but it still drives me crazy. Sometimes my knees will feel that way too.

I'm on 1000mg(500x2)daily, and need a doctor who will listen to me. Why would convulsions stop on lor tab?

Last edited:
The vibrations seem to be moving up my foot to the middle now and it now feels like what it would feel like if you'd been holding something vibrating and it tingles after but a vibrating tingle.

I would try some magnesium, and or soak in some Epsom Salts. It helps relax the muscles and nerves.

Back
Top Bottom