VNS and tooth/jaw pain.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

specialneeds

Reaction score
I recently had a VNS put in and stimulated at the neurologists. I have had it in about a week. I have not had any bad side affects to the stimulation. I just have mild jaw/tooth pain on the left side. Is this very common and does it go away over time. Also, how will dental work affect this area. I also have had mild ear pain. The pain doesn't seem to be their all the time. But, has become more noticeable lately. I felt nothing at the first setting, so they bumped me up to 50 when the started the stimulation.

Thanks

Neck, throat or ear pain can be related to the settings of your VNS being too high. Keep track of any side effects and let your neuro know so that the VNS can be adjusted as needed.

Do you know how long it takes to recover from the surgery to start lifting weight. I work at cashier and will be lifting 25+ pounds. I had surgery about 3 weeks ago. It seems to be a little tender yet.

Thanks
diana

Two to four weeks would be the average recovery time, but it can vary depending on factors like age & overall health, so your doc would be the best one to consult. I would take it easy with the grocery-lifting if you can.

Sometimes depending what type of surgery and where you had it on your body can depend on how long to wait before lifting things and the weight of things you should lift.

Definitely ask your dr about this. Doing things too soon can cause problems.

Back
Top Bottom