Vns?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
Is it the VNS? I feel very detached. You need to have "epilepsy" to understand. I have this feeling like I'm detached from my mind. Maybe it's some other feeling.

Could be depression. I have the VNS, also, so I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "detached from my mind"? Are you more spaced-out, tired? Detached sometimes means anxiety or just not wanting to have any kind of relationships with folks, just wanting to be alone all the time. I suffered horrible depression before I had the VNS, but the VNS seemed to help alleviate it somewhat.

I came to have a thinking and feeling like the brain is as though of a construction like a bunch of zippers zipped together and all attached to one another, and that the zippering can go together or apart and that seizures are like a process of unzipping (though actually it’s a process of ions?). Since seizures take place in distinct areas I have feelings that there can be zones that re-grasp, passing through different zipper areas, zones, lengths... I don’t know exactly but my artsy mind still wants me to build a “brain” out of zippers... maybe a doctor mentioned that to me at some point... I also have feelings like epilepsy meds are akin to getting hairs or threads stuck in zippers to keep them from unzipping...
But anyway, I have a a feeling that the “weaving the mind back together” has that feeling of being lost. Hang in there.

Last edited:
never felt like that from my VNS. I just felt like a robot somewhat once they cranked it up to 80%. It fuks with your voice quite a bit, i have about 20 seconds to speak & than i need to break for 30 seconds otherwise it just sounds like i have a very bad sore throat/cold.

Back
Top Bottom