Wanted to let you all know.. death in family

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to thank you all for your prayers for my Mom and my family. My husband and I left rather quickly and went down late on Mon. eve and we went in on Tues. a.m to be with her.All the nurses and Drs. did not act as though she was about to die. I knew immediately, as did my husband. We just knew. They were still planning to put in the feeding tube. My sister and I stayed with Mom round the clock(during the nights also) and we told the Dr. He then agreed with our opinion..but thought it may be a few days to a week. Mom waited till all of her 7 children (along with our Dad)were with her..one by one she waited...and then she died. It was later that afternoon. We had many blessings and miracles this last week. I cannot even begin to explain them all. I am so thankful my Mom is no longer suffering. She was welcomed into heaven for sure!!! My Mom was truly a Saint on earth!! Thank you all again. Robin some words you had said really touched me...and I now understand!! Thank you sooooo much!!

Michelle

My condolences Michelle...

...while I'm very sorry for your loss, I'm very happy you say she is no longer suffering.

Peace Be With You and Yours
Spencer

So sorry for your loss. Someone once told me that death should not be a loss but a chance to carry your loved one's spirit with you forever. I hope it brings you some comfort during your sadness. God bless.

Sorry for your loss. She will always be with you and watching over you. I hope and pray the best for you. God Bless.

I hope your memories are strong ones Michelle. Also if you can, really watch for signs. Something will strike you as out of place, and just know it is her sending you her love. But you have to watch for it.

Be gentle with yourself for a while. I hope you know in your heart there are no illnesses in Heaven. Keep a candle lit ( safely please ).

Condolences Michelle. It's never easy losing a loved one, even when we are well prepared for it and they lived a long and full life.

Let the support you have given others now return to you.

Michelle,

You have been a wonderful new friend to talk to and I sincerely feel for your loss. The loss of my father was one of the most poignant times of my life. However, I felt the same as you because I didn't want to see him suffer. She is surely in heaven and looking down on you with all her love. Know that someday you will all be together again.

I know it will be hard over the next few weeks and months. Please remember to sit back and open your heart up to the support of all your family and friends including those of us here at CWE. If you do not feel like posting for awhile, we will still be here praying for you and ready for you when you return.

With her seven loving children, I am sure that you will not have to look very far to see the marks your mother has left behind. Her actions, personality, and faith are probably scattered throughout your family.

May she rest in peace. :e:

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Michelle. Several years ago, I went through the trial of losing my father. It's odd how he too waited till everyone that needed to see him had had a chance to. We're here for you.

My deepest condolances. I lost both my parents in 2005 just months apart, so I know that pain very well.
It takes a lot of time to where the pain is not crushing.

207c35ae.gif

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Please accept my deepest sympathy
for the loss of your loved one!

((((( Michelle )))))

Prayers and thoughts abides
with you and your family!

((huge hugs)) Although your Mama is in a better place, and no longer in pain, I am sure this is not an easy time. You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts during this hard time! ((big hugs again))

Thank you!!

Thank you to each and every one of you! Your prayers and kind words really do mean soooo much!! I truly feel at peace now that Mom is not suffering and is in heaven. I was so blessed to be able to care for her and just be with her praying. I have been getting signs Robin!!! We are a very spiritual family. Butterflies and cardinals!!! Mom loved cardinals!!! And I have found little notes and prayers from my Mom all over the house! What a joy to find them! But the butterflies are everywhere..All of my sisters have seen them as well!!
I will miss her so much, but I know she is never far away! Thanks again Guys!! Hope ya'll are all well too!

Michelle

Thank you to each and every one of you! Your prayers and kind words really do mean soooo much!! I truly feel at peace now that Mom is not suffering and is in heaven. I was so blessed to be able to care for her and just be with her praying. I have been getting signs Robin!!! We are a very spiritual family. Butterflies and cardinals!!! Mom loved cardinals!!! And I have found little notes and prayers from my Mom all over the house! What a joy to find them! But the butterflies are everywhere..All of my sisters have seen them as well!!
I will miss her so much, but I know she is never far away! Thanks again Guys!! Hope ya'll are all well too!

Michelle
Hi There

Did you just lose your mum too? I lost mine just before Xmas, I miss her soooo very much, she was my rock, and a tru inspiration, she was a very strong lady, and it's thanks to mum that I had my first lot of brain surgery, and that I'm now waiting for my second op, she went to the doctors and said come on there must be something you can do for my daughter other than play with different tablets! I know that when I go into that hospital in London, she will be right there with me, in my heart.

You talked about a sign, are you refering to a sign from your mum? I talk to mum all the time, and I hope that she will show me that she is still with me, I read somewhere that you have to have been passed over for a while before youcan make contact, I've always been into Spirits and ghosts, and so was mum, and I know if there is a way she can get through to me she will.

I hope you are ok, and keep her smile locked in your heart, I have this wonderful picture in my mind, of mum throwing her head back and laughing. Bless her.

All The Best

Elaine x

So sorry for your loss. I lost my mom 13 years ago unexpectedly and my daughter 1 year and 9 months ago. My minister recently said that without love there would not be grief. Although we have sadness here on Earth, I always tell myself that someday we will be reunited and we will be so happy. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Thank you sooo much!

Thank you all so much!

I really appreciate the kind words! Elaine, I am sorry to hear of your Mom's death as well! My mom died on April 16th (not quite 2 weeks ago). I was so blessed to be with her!! My family is very spiritual..we are Catholic. There have been many miracles..I cannot begin to explain them. We have had many signs of our Mom. I am sure your Mom is with you too!! You have to just know in your heart she is!! : )) It sounds like you were very close with your Mum also. I miss Mom sooo much, but I am truly happy she is no longer suffering. I keep wanting to call her like I always did.It makes me sad. I can only imagine how our Dad must feel. they were married almost 62 yrs. we have a big family(7 kids),
so that helps. We can help each other. each time I feel sad..I will say a little prayer for you also. I know how you feel!! Take care and feel free to talk any time. I do understand.

Michelle

Last edited:
Hi Tina's Mom,

Thank you so very much for your sweet note! It means so much!! I am very sorry for your losses also. I think your minister is right. And I absolutely know we will all be reunited some day. God has a special plan for each of us. It was a very spiritual experience for me to be with my Mom the last 2 days. It's hard to explain..but God was right there with us! It was very comforting.I will keep you and your family in my prayers also. I can only begin to try to understand your sadness. I hope you are doing well!! I know each day is different. Some are a little better than others..I couldn't imagine not having faith to help me through!!
Thank you again!!

God Bless!
Michelle

Still on my mind

Still thinking of you daily Michelle. I know how hard of a struggle each of the 'firsts' without a parent can be. Keep holding on to your faith. It sounds like it is helping. :e:

Tinasmom - Your minister sure is right. The only way we can't get hurt is to not care, but what an awful way to live your life. Even when I am in the deepest dumps and I try to tell myself that I just don't care anymore, pretty soon those feelings climb back out. Caring can cause pain, but it can bring such joy. I really like your new avatar picture. You are such an inspiration to me!!!

Buckeye -

Thank you for such a wonderful comment. I decided that my Avatar needed to have mother and daughter, the two wonderful people that I love with E. They are the reason I am here. Your comment on being an inspiration to you really lifted my spirits today. Everyone here is my inspiration, and it's because of everyone here that even when I feel totally defeated, you give me strength to drive through roadblocks.

Thank you!

Hi Buckeye!

It's Dale isn't it?? Am I right? Just wanted to thank you again..you are always so kind and thoughtful!! I am doing pretty good. I have my moments, but overall, I think we are all doing well. I felt sad yesterday after talking to my Dad. He is doing much better than any of us kids thought he would be. He is getting up and doing little chores and trying to get through the days. They were married almost 62 yrs. He has his breakdowns, and misses her so much. We all do. I still can't believe it. My Mom was such a delightful lady!! Full of life and fun. She would've been 81 this Oct. but she looked very young..no one can believe how old she was. her skin was beautiful!!! I guess that is what makes it all better..all of my happy memories and knowing she is at peace now. She really was suffering. You know how hard it is..just hard to believe! That is what my Dad said yesterday. It has been nice because it is so beautiful and Springy weather down here in Atlanta. the birds are singing..just gorgeous. Mom loved the Spring!!! : )) Anyways..thank you again!!!

Have a lovely day!!!
Michelle

Back
Top Bottom