Wanted to let you all know.. death in family

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi Georgiagirl88
Bless you, I lost my mum Dec 15th, and I still can't believe that I'm never gonna see her again. Like your mum, mine was a true darling, a very strong lady, she said what she thought, she cared for and put everyone else first, and I am glad to say that I have inherited her strength of character, that is what got me through my first brain surgery, and she will be with me in my heart for my upcoming second operation. All I can say is time is the only healer, I hope like myself, you have lots of photos of her to look at, I have her in my purse, on my mobile, on the book case, and in hundreds of photos, she died peacefully in her sleep, and although it broke my stepdad's heart to lose her, she went the way she would have wanted, and didn't suffer at all, I am just so grateful that I learnt to be more tactile and more open with my feelings in the time that I've been with my fiancee, he was very tactile and loving with his family, and he taught me to be this way with mine, I learnt to say "I love you mum" and giving her a cuddle, and I am so glad that I did.
My thoughts are with you mate, and whenyou feel sad, talk out loud to her, that's what I did. God bless!

Love

Elaine x

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for the sweet note. I am sorry about your Mum too. You can really prepare for losing your Mom. It is unlike anything you can imagine. I do have such beautiful memories of Mama. Happy, funny, kind, and wonderful conversations we had. Was your Mum ill or was it unexpected? My Mom became ill the last yr. or so. She had pulmonary fibrosis. She apparently had it for yrs. and had an annoying cough. But the last 6-8 months she was really sick and had such suffering. Ultimately, the end was very hard and she was suffering terribly. I was so blessed to be with her the last few days and take care of her and love her. We had the Drs. keep her comfortable with morphine which was the only thing that helped her rest. I am so glad she is no longer suffering. But I miss her terribly too. Isn't it a gift that now you are able to show your love easier now. That's from your Mom . In her death she taught you that. How beautiful! For me..my Daddy and I are able to talk more. Before, we always talked, but then Mom would get on the phone. Now, since Mom isn't here, he has to talk. He also is showing his love more, and more easily says he loves us. He is doing much better than all of us children anticipated. Thank God. Mom and Dad were married 62 yrs. with 7 kids and 15 grandchildren and 2 GG children. I am the youngest of the 7 kids. I am
41. Anyways...thank you again.
P.S. I love how you talk/write. I can hear your voice easily. My friend is from England as well and she has a lovely voice!
Hope you have a great day!

Michelle : )

Georgia and Elaine, you both have my deepest sympathy. Your perspectives help me still appreciate my mom. She's rather old and frail physically, but she's still sharp as a tack. At the prime age of 82, she's still playing an organ in her living room. Kind of loud due to some hearing loss, but she's able to sight read really well.

If I make it that far I want to be like her when I grow up. Her musical skills have really made an impression on my passion for music as well.

When I was a little kid, we used to have frequent electric power outages. We would place really big (seemed big to me as a little kid!) red candles on the piano, light them up so she could read her music. She would play music for us. I used to beg her to play some of the modern boogie woogie or really fast music.

I am fortunate to still have her living nearby.

But, after reading your perspectives, I'll never take her for granted.

Last edited:
Mom!

My Mom was really spunky and so much fun. The life of the party!! Always something to be happy and laugh about. She really loved life! Even up to a few months before she died. Her illness changed drastically a few months before she died. Treasure each moment..they will stay with you forever..little fun moments, quiet talks, childhood memories..all of it. I am so blessed to have all of these memories.
And pictures too. I have a few favorites of Mom and myself from Christmas 2007. Mom and I hugging and in one picture. And the other one we are looking into each others smiling faces. We didn't plan the pics..but they are beautiful. I love looking at them!!
Have wonderful times with your Mom!! Enjoy every moment!! Say I love you so much Mom...often!!!

Michelle

Hi Michelle

I hope you are feeling a bit better since we last spoke, I'm sure like me though, you are still missing your mum very much. I've had some news recently, I am to go into hospital on London, on June 26th I'll be having my second lot of brain surgery to try and stop my seizures. I would appreciate it if you would keep your fingers crossed for me that day, I know that mum will be with me all the way, it's thanks to mum that I'm having this operation, when I got the letter from the hospital on May 28th, I just shook and cried, and I so wanted to ring her up and tell her, I'm sure she knows about it, and I just know that her strength will get me through it.

I hope you are ok, and say a little prayer for me that day?

Many Thanks

Elaine x

Hi Elaine,

Nice to hear from you! How are you? I hope you are doing well! I am doing pretty good. I am doing well..I miss my Mom alot, but I am truly at peace with it. She was ready and she isn't suffering so badly now. I know what you mean about wanting to call or talk to her. Sometimes I just forget and think she is still here. I know she is, but I actually will want to pick up the phone. Our Dad will be coming up for Father's Day and a visit. My one sister will pick him up and bring him. He will be 83 soon and can't drive long distances. I am actually on vacation in Florida at the beach with my family and my sister's families. We are having a wonderful time. Went boating today..had a ball! Last night I think I was having seizures..mine are in my sleep and they wake me up. I was feeling realy weird and shallow breathing. I hate it! I have a cardiologist appt. in a few weeks to double check everything with my heart. I have stress tests before, but I will have a Ct scan this time also. Just to make sure things are o.k. Hopefully it'll be o.k. That is wonderful about your surgery!! I am sure you just want to have it over. You are right..your Mum will be right there with you, watching over you! And I will be praying for you as well!! That it is successful and you are feeling great!! And recover quickly! Do you have other family or friends to be with you? Keep me posted on everything and if you need to talk or whatever..just write me! I am sure you wish your Mum was physically with you..but she really will be there! I'll be sending up prayers for you!

Hugs!
Michelle : )

Back
Top Bottom