We headed somewhere

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

wendy

New
Reaction score
I posted about a week ago and thought I'd stop in again :)

What feels WAY longer than a week ago we had an EEG for our dd Olivia and found out that she is having "spikes". Then we were told we wouldn't get into our ped neurologist until Sept.

They bumped it up to yesterday thankfully, but the neurologist broke her wrist so it is on the 27th now.

I was concerned last week because her spells/seizures were more frequent and longer. So after many calls to different people and worrying that waiting until the 27th would not work...we finally took her into the ER. I'm so glad we did...they were super helpful and this was the first time we've been able to sit with a doctor and explain our concerns.

They started Olivia on 2ml Tegretol every 6 hours. I've heard great things about this med.

She's been extremely tired the past few days and iritable...but I can handle those side effects and hopefully they will go away soon.

She seems SO much better. Not just because of the meds. Friday before the meds she only had one seizure. Now the seizures seem just seconds if at all.

What a relief so quickly!

Tegretol...thoughts? (she's two)

Hi Wendy --
So glad you got a chance to talk with a doctor, even in the ER. It can be tough to handle the confusion, disorientation and exhaustion -- and I'm talking about dealing with the medical system, not the epilepsy! Yay that your daughter is doing better, and that the Tegretol is helping. I've heard that Tegretol can make you pretty cranky -- I'll leave it to the others to comment on that...

Best,
Nakamova

I'm so happy that your daughter is doing well on Tegeratol. Rachel did respond well with that one but unfortunately for us it caused a rash that became pretty severe so we had to discontinue. Only time would have told if that one would have been "the one" but since we d/c'd after only a week it could have just been a honeymoon phase.

Blessings to you and your daughter,

Ann

Back
Top Bottom