Welcome to Steph's world! (New!!)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello my names Stephanie and I am 16 years old and I come from ENGLAND!! :D :hello:

I was diagnosed with Epilepsy on the 24th February 2011 sooo I am new to it all!

I am taking Keppra 250mg 4 times a day at the moment and it seems to be working, okay so my seizures havent stopped but they have deffinatly decreased! :woot:

I live in the Lake District so get the many privileges that comes with countryside life! I own a lovely horse, ex-racer, called Teddy. He is a nutty thing but a gem at heart!. I am in Scouts and love being outside! I go sailing with my school and I am working towards my Level 2 RYA! :woot:

I look forward to meeting you all!

Peace out!!!!! :banana:

Hey there, i live in Blackpool, i'm much more of a country person at heart though, coming originally from Northern Ireland. :D

Welcome to the site! :hello:

Hello! :D Thanks for the reply!! Arrgh ironically my first seizure happened on the way home from Blackpool!! xxxx

My second one happened in a rock club in blackpool lol. Ooh i had a lot of bruises from that! At least i wasn't in the mosh pit at the time >.<

Hi Steph, welcome to CWE!

It sounds like you're a relative newbie to epilepsy. Lots of "veterans" here if you have any questions. Feel free to wander and explore. Help yourself to the biscuits, but stay away from the tea (it's gone cold).

Best,
Nakamova

Hey Steph ~

I am also recently diagnosed in Feb of 2011, also have horses and one of whom is also off the track LOL so looks like we have a lot in common!
CWE seems like an incredible place to hang out and I will put a fresh cuppa on for ya ;0
Welcome!

Hey loveshorses!!!! :D Ahhh that is so cool!! :D Do you still ride with your Epilepsy? I am finding it soooo hard to at the moment (bsja, insurance etc!!!) I was thinking maybe RDA? :D xxxxxxx

Hey ~

Definitely still riding and showing my horses ~ I have a great support system who know how to watch out for me and look out for symptoms particularily if I am at a horse show. I had on seizure at a show but I was already done competing and my husband and friend just got me over to the horse trailer.
Ironically my horse wouldn't get on the horse trailer ( and he normally just walks on) so my husband had to help me into the trailer so my horse could see me and then he jumped right on. My husband swears he could sense something was wrong and wouldn't go with out me.
Have had a few minor episodes while working with the horses but the horses are amazing and will just stop until someone steps in to look after me. Maybe I just have great horses but I think they know.
I just can't imagine not having my horses as they are to much a part of my life and have been for 35 years.
How has it been affecting your riding and working with horses???

Hi Stephanie!

Welcome to CWE! You know, there are plenty of UK folks hanging out here...and you've found a few already. :) I'm sure more will chime in soon.

Horses are such fun. I don't get to ride them anymore--there aren't that many places around me that have them. And the English countryside is very beautiful from some pictures that I have, and what I've been told, so I think you're lucky!

Have a great time here at CWE!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom